2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Had a good time last night, but at a ballgame, you really pay for it...

Beer was $15 bucks for a 25 ounce can. Between that, the food, the tickets and the parking, it was a $400 night... For 2 people... Sad it's like that...

But it was a pretty full house. Got to see Astros rookie JJ Matijevic get his first major league hit... Opposite field homer into the Crawford Boxes...

A view from our seats...

PXL_20220620_002704714.thumb.jpg.b21c5f0a25fe4cdf504626b6a45f7182.jpg

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Beer was $15 bucks for a 25 ounce can. Between that, the food, the tickets and the parking, it was a $400 night... For 2 people... Sad it's like that...

But it was a pretty full house. Got to see Astros rookie JJ Matijevic get his first major league hit... Opposite field homer into the Crawford Boxes...

A view from our seats...

$400?  Wowsers.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

$400?  Wowsers.

Yep... And to think I use to pay 75 cents to sit in the bleachers at Wrigley back in the 70s, and could wear my USAF uniform over to old Busch Stadium and get in general admission for a buck in the 80s... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yep... And to think I use to pay 75 cents to sit in the bleachers at Wrigley back in the 70s, and could wear my USAF uniform over to old Busch Stadium and get in general admission for a buck in the 80s... 

Ahhh!  The good ole 70's and 80's.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

A view from our seats...

How bothersome was the screen?  I've had front row seats behind the visitor dugout in both Cincy (back in the 80's) and in Pittsburgh (about 5 years ago).  It's unfortunate that such great seats now require you to look through a screen.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

How bothersome was the screen?  I've had front row seats behind the visitor dugout in both Cincy (back in the 80's) and in Pittsburgh (about 5 years ago).  It's unfortunate that such great seats now require you to look through a screen.

I'm not gonna say it didn't bother me...

The other thing was, it seemed like you sat a little lower than the field...I didn't say anything because my wife went to the trouble of getting the tickets, thought 1st row would be primo, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I really wouldn't want to sit there again...

As we sat there between innings and talked, I tried playing up the Crawford Box in short left field and the Field Club for our next trip there...

• Like 1

One other thing...

I took this pic of Astros starting pitcher Cristian Javier as he walked out to the bullpen to warm up before the game...

PXL_20220619_223643476.thumb.jpg.46e087890860523100f349380fc0a38a.jpg

You can see the sun showing through those big windows above the Lexus/Schlumberger signs... It was a 6 pm start, and by the 1st inning, it was really hard to see from the glare. Difficult to see until around the third inning...

It was originally a 1 pm start, but ESPN wanted the game...

Ticked my wife off though... 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:20 AM, IUFLA said:

A view from our seats...

Every time I try to load photos on here the picture comes up one counter clockwise turn....will try to figure out and post some. Was down close to field last week Cubs/Braves game. Down low is nice to see the guys but not the game. We stayed around after for a bit and the entire Contreras crew was down on the field getting photos of both brothers playing vs each other,etc.....kids and family. Really cool to see that.

Ran into Ben Zobrist couple hours after the game. Was as nice as can be. Looks really thin but otherwise healthy. We thanked him for 2016. Just good to see the guy out.

Regarding prices. I'm with you. Round of 4 was $80 (with tip)....and I never want to see that many $16.99 transactions on my debit card (Wrigley is all cashless) ever again over 2 days.

• Like 1

Holy Freakin' Cow! 

As a Yankee fan, I am feeing giddy! I don't know what the second half of the season will be, but if it's anything like the first half... WOW!

Yankees started a 4 game series tonight against the hated Ass-Stroles. Early on, and for most of the game it wasn't looking good for the Yanks as they only had 2 hits for most of it. And the Mighty Midget, Altuve, had 4 hits on the night, (including getting hit in the first inning, Haha). Wasn't looking good until the bottom of the 9th and down 6-3. Ass-Stroles put in their closer who has a 5.71 era in 18 games against the guys in pinstripes. But, thanks to Aaron Hicks who blasted a 3 run homer to tie the game, the Yanks went on to win 7-6 who laced a game winning hit down 3rd base line to help the Bronx Bombers win on a walk-off, their 9th of the season!

How Sahweet It Is!!!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 12:44 AM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Holy Freakin' Cow! 

As a Yankee fan, I am feeing giddy! I don't know what the second half of the season will be, but if it's anything like the first half... WOW!

Yankees started a 4 game series tonight against the hated Ass-Stroles. Early on, and for most of the game it wasn't looking good for the Yanks as they only had 2 hits for most of it. And the Mighty Midget, Altuve, had 4 hits on the night, (including getting hit in the first inning, Haha). Wasn't looking good until the bottom of the 9th and down 6-3. Ass-Stroles put in their closer who has a 5.71 era in 18 games against the guys in pinstripes. But, thanks to Aaron Hicks who blasted a 3 run homer to tie the game, the Yanks went on to win 7-6 who laced a game winning hit down 3rd base line to help the Bronx Bombers win on a walk-off, their 9th of the season!

How Sahweet It Is!!!

How did that game yesterday go for you guys?

14 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not like I hoped, especially with the Midget hitting a HR!!

I'm convinced that if the Yankees want to get #28, it will have to go through Houston....

LOL.  I was just poking a little fun at you.

Seems like a day doesn't go by where I hear a talking head bringing up Yank history.  From what I gather, the "metrics" say a WS title is coming your way regardless of the Disastros and their fighting band of midgets.

1 hour ago, rico said:

LOL.  I was just poking a little fun at you.

Seems like a day doesn't go by where I hear a talking head bringing up Yank history.  From what I gather, the "metrics" say a WS title is coming your way regardless of the Disastros and their fighting band of midgets.

All good.....

Looks like the Yanks could be headed for another no-no!!! 😡

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

On one hand, I think this Astros-Yankees series shows the Astros could beat the Yankees in a playoff series. On the other hand, the way the Yankees won their two games makes me think MLB is their world this season and everything else is just background noise. 

There was a line that LBJ used describing a West Texas hail storm. Can't run, hide or make it stop. That's how I view the Yankees lineup.

The Astros did about as well as you can do vs that lineup and it was a split. No idea how it plays out in October but with 6-7 guys with one flick of the wrist changing a game.....Yankees are going to be tough to beat. Watch them add more pitching and as it stands right now.....Frank will be singing loudly come the end of this season. 

• Like 1

My math might be off here but with roughly 8 games to go before the halfway point of season the Cubs, Reds, and Pirates are on pace for roughly 60 wins. The 2018 AL Central had 3 teams (White Sox, Royals, Tigers) at or below 64 wins on season. 

Could this be the year where the worst division ever happens? Before the strike shortened the 1994 season these were the AL West standings. Either way the NL Central is in some rare air this year.

Rangers: 52-62

Athletics: 51-63

Mariners: 49-63

Angels: 47-68