2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So... 

6 teams in each league. 1+2 seeds get a bye.... 

3 vs 6

4 vs 5 

in a 3 game series..... winners plays the 1+2 seeds in a 5 game set. 

Past that its regular. 

Look... I have no idea how it was or the game times long ago. I'm sure it was awesome watching games or listening to them mid day and what not. I bet it was like friggin Xmas, I would have been BEGGING to stay home from school haha... 

Anyways.. I simply like this better than the one game playoff. Jmo. 

It was like staying home from work to watch the NCAA tournament every year. I don't think week day games of the world series was played in the day when I were growing up. I remember weekend games being played during the day

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It was like staying home from work to watch the NCAA tournament every year. I don't think week day games of the world series was played in the day when I were growing up. I remember weekend games being played during the day

I don't recall any week-day , day WS games myself.  But I recall watching Bucky F'n Dent go yard during the day.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Gotcha gotcha. I was confused. I've DEFINITELY STAYED HOME FOR MARCH MADNESS!!! Haha 

When they changed to the current format (my FR year of college) with the ability to see all 4 games at any point, instead of giving you one national game and regional games... I think that did a lot for sports on TV in general. Awesome 3 weekends. 

36 minutes ago, rico said:

It is in my book.  Dunno about Scott's.

Maybe if the Phillies would put him batting 3rd or 4th instead of leadoff there might have been guys on base when he homers.  Never understood butting a player like Schwarber in the leadoff spot.  Batting after the 8th and 9th spots you won't be many players on base when he bats.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe if the Phillies would put him batting 3rd or 4th instead of leadoff there might have been guys on base when he homers.  Never understood butting a player like Schwarber in the leadoff spot.  Batting after the 8th and 9th spots you won't be many players on base when he bats.

Conversely, the lead-off guy gets more plate appearances.  But I see and understand your point.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess the question is do you want more quantity or quality meaning do you want guys on base for your best run producers.

Be nice to have guys on base, but it doesn't always work out that way no matter where you bat in the line-up.

Cardinals are stinking up the joint even with having 3 of the 5 top WAR position players. Pitching staff once again is in shambles and the front office didn’t do anything to help even when it felt apart last year too. But hey at least they’re number 2 in attendance lol. No huge reason for the front office to spend money when they’re making so much of it from ticket sales. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1