2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Minor’s ERA goes down.

Pitched OK but giving up a hot and a walk to the 8th and 9th hitters  came back to bite him.  Can't believe I actually saw a compete game shutout by a pitcher.  The Marlins put her in one of the best in baseball this year.  For the 3 game series both teams only scored 5 runs.

If it wasn't for 1984 I'd really be pulling for the Padres. Now I'm just casually cheering for them. Gotta hand it to their ownership. Most people don't realize how small of a market San Diego really is and yet their group is handling business like the Dodgers/Yankees.

No clue what their lineup is going to look like once Tatis gets back but that thing will be 7 deep? Machado, Tatis, Profar, Soto, Bell,  Drury, Cronenworth...impressive for sure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The stadium at Miami has to be one of the most sterile stadium in the league.  Very little crowd and baseball isn't meant to be played indoors.  The ball doesn't carry at all so there had been very little offense in this series.

The 'very little offense' may have something to do with the Reds starting a lineup with about 7 guys hitting below .225.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If it wasn't for 1984 I'd really be pulling for the Padres. Now I'm just casually cheering for them. Gotta hand it to their ownership. Most people don't realize how small of a market San Diego really is and yet their group is handling business like the Dodgers/Yankees.

No clue what their lineup is going to look like once Tatis gets back but that thing will be 7 deep? Machado, Tatis, Profar, Soto, Bell,  Drury, Cronenworth...impressive for sure.

I'm probably going to pull for the teams who have never won a World Series (Rays, Padres, Brewers and Mariners). Those are four of the six who have never won it all (Rangers and Rockies are the other two). The Mariners are the only team to never win a pennant. 

As a fan of the Fort Wayne Tincaps, for years I've wanted them to change affiliations like the other teams in the league do every so often. But for more than 25 years, the Tincaps have let the Padres fast-track players through their farm system, usually leaving Fort Wayne with a poor roster. The Padres threw them a bone in 2009 and gave them a loaded team when they had a new stadium, but most of the time it's been promote, promote, promote anytime a guy gets hot for a week. 

But I wouldn't mind seeing the Padres win it all, because I like seeing small fanbases get rewarded for their loyalty. Unfortunately for them and the others I mentioned, this isn't a good year to be a team not named the Dodgers, Yankees or Astros. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm probably going to pull for the teams who have never won a World Series (Rays, Padres, Brewers and Mariners). Those are four of the six who have never won it all (Rangers and Rockies are the other two). The Mariners are the only team to never win a pennant. 

As a fan of the Fort Wayne Tincaps, for years I've wanted them to change affiliations like the other teams in the league do every so often. But for more than 25 years, the Tincaps have let the Padres fast-track players through their farm system, usually leaving Fort Wayne with a poor roster. The Padres threw them a bone in 2009 and gave them a loaded team when they had a new stadium, but most of the time it's been promote, promote, promote anytime a guy gets hot for a week. 

But I wouldn't mind seeing the Padres win it all, because I like seeing small fanbases get rewarded for their loyalty. Unfortunately for them and the others I mentioned, this isn't a good year to be a team not named the Dodgers, Yankees or Astros. 

I will be hoping for a Mariner/Twin ALCS and a Brewer/Brave NLCS.  Then a Mariner/Brewer WS...with Seattle winning.

• Like 1

Field of Dreams game between Cubs & Reds coming up Thursday night.  Will be the highlight of the season for me.  Could be hard to match the magic of last year's game, but at least the Reds have Lodolo scheduled to pitch.  He and Ashcraft are the only guys resembling a major league pitcher left in the starting rotation.  Cubs have Drew Smyly scheduled.    

Was taking to my son this morning about who he thought would be in next year's game.  I pointed out to him that the NL Central and AL Central play each other next season.  Would be cool to have a White Sox vs. Reds matchup.  That said, they probably want to offer other teams the opportunity.  I just hope they give the Midwestern teams the first crack.  Los Angeles vs Boston just does not scream 'Iowa cornfield'.  

I hate to say it, because I hate them, but the Cardinals probably deserve the next shot.  Maybe Cards vs. Twins?

• Like 1