2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Reds ended up winning 4-2 in 10.  Still not a fan of having a guy on 2nd in extra innings even though it allowed the Reds win today. Aquino hit a little scribber down the 3rd bade line and the 3rd baseman threw wild and the runner scored and Aquino went all the way to 3rd. He scored on a sac fly so the Reds scored 2 runs on really no hits.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yanks on the verge of being swept by the Cards. The Frankie Montas experiment didn't work and Montgomery flipped Cashman the bird as he 2-hit the Yanks last night. I predicted he would look like Cy Young against them.

Oh well, at least my grandson got a baseball from Cole....

Plenty of time to correct the problem, but the Yanks are going in the wrong direction.  Having watched them play a lot lately, they better get things figured out or they are gonna have an early play off exit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Field of Dreams game between Cubs & Reds coming up Thursday night.  Will be the highlight of the season for me.  Could be hard to match the magic of last year's game, but at least the Reds have Lodolo scheduled to pitch.  He and Ashcraft are the only guys resembling a major league pitcher left in the starting rotation.  Cubs have Drew Smyly scheduled.    

Was taking to my son this morning about who he thought would be in next year's game.  I pointed out to him that the NL Central and AL Central play each other next season.  Would be cool to have a White Sox vs. Reds matchup.  That said, they probably want to offer other teams the opportunity.  I just hope they give the Midwestern teams the first crack.  Los Angeles vs Boston just does not scream 'Iowa cornfield'.  

I hate to say it, because I hate them, but the Cardinals probably deserve the next shot.  Maybe Cards vs. Twins?

Shouldn't this game always feature a "Black Sox" rematch?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Once again David Bell puts Strickland in a save situation and once again Strickland blows the save. Up 2-1 in the bottom of 8th he gives up a solo homer to the lead off man.  Last night he came in with a 7-3 lead in the 9th and gave up 2 runs.

I was hoping Strickland would be traded at the dead line.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Punk Mets fans... The usher holds the Braves fan while 2 punks hit him...

They should be permanently banned from the stadium unless the dude did something like grope his wife/girlfriend.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds ended up winning 4-2 in 10.  Still not a fan of having a guy on 2nd in extra innings even though it allowed the Reds win today. Aquino hit a little scribber down the 3rd bade line and the 3rd baseman threw wild and the runner scored and Aquino went all the way to 3rd. He scored on a sac fly so the Reds scored 2 runs on really no hits.

David Bell is horrendous at managing a bullpen. Especially when it comes to the 9th inning of games 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

David Bell is horrendous at managing a bullpen. Especially when it comes to the 9th inning of games 

You can only pick one.

• Hunter Strickland
  • Mariano Rivera

7.8 billion people worldwide would pick Mariano Rivera.  

David Bell would pick Hunter Strickland.  

On 8/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, 5fouls said:

Field of Dreams game between Cubs & Reds coming up Thursday night.  Will be the highlight of the season for me.  Could be hard to match the magic of last year's game, but at least the Reds have Lodolo scheduled to pitch.  He and Ashcraft are the only guys resembling a major league pitcher left in the starting rotation.  Cubs have Drew Smyly scheduled.    

Was taking to my son this morning about who he thought would be in next year's game.  I pointed out to him that the NL Central and AL Central play each other next season.  Would be cool to have a White Sox vs. Reds matchup.  That said, they probably want to offer other teams the opportunity.  I just hope they give the Midwestern teams the first crack.  Los Angeles vs Boston just does not scream 'Iowa cornfield'.  

I hate to say it, because I hate them, but the Cardinals probably deserve the next shot.  Maybe Cards vs. Twins?

The uniforms:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1