2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Reds are about to break a team record with using 57 different players this year.  The record is 57 and Wednesday they will using their 57th player to start the game.  Tonight Farmer was scratched  from the lineup and in the 4th inning they lost India and Moose to injuries.  So for the remaining game they only have Romine and Farmer on the bench and Farmer has a stiff neck.

Odd little stat to chew on this morning. Yankees will be just fine but it shows even the best teams struggle a bit during 162 games.

Since June 24, the Kansas City Royals (19-22) have a better record than the New York Yankees (18-21). For anyone not familiar, the Royals aren't even trying and actually traded their best player *to* the Yankees during this span of games.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Odd little stat to chew on this morning. Yankees will be just fine but it shows even the best teams struggle a bit during 162 games.

Since June 24, the Kansas City Royals (19-22) have a better record than the New York Yankees (18-21). For anyone not familiar, the Royals aren't even trying and actually traded their best player *to* the Yankees during this span of games.

Yanks will be fine in regular season, but they wont get past the Astros, let alone the Dodgers, come October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Yanks will be fine in regular season, but they wont get past the Astros, let alone the Dodgers, come October.

Kind of the way it looks right now. Dodgers are just so darn good. The Astros appear to be kryptonite for the Yankees as well.

Call it whatever but I'm still hoping for Dodgers/Yankees World Series.

PS....if you haven't watched find Edwin Diaz intro from bullpen for Mets. I just found it on Sunday night and I've watched no short of a hundred times. Only Enter Sandman by Mariano was better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I watched them play Sunday and you could tell the Yankee announcers had some "urgency" in their speak.  They kept reeling off recent stats and such that attributed to the Yanks woes of late.  They even threw in there that NY was lucky that the Jays hadn't got hot to chip into the lead.  Personally, I am skeptical of their trade deadline deals and Carpenter just broke his foot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of the way it looks right now. Dodgers are just so darn good. The Astros appear to be kryptonite for the Yankees as well.

Call it whatever but I'm still hoping for Dodgers/Yankees World Series.

PS....if you haven't watched find Edwin Diaz intro from bullpen for Mets. I just found it on Sunday night and I've watched no short of a hundred times. Only Enter Sandman by Mariano was better.

I remember when Gagne would come in to close to Welcome to the Jungle and they would flash Game Over on the score board. I really enjoyed those trumpets. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Jose Barrero collected two more hits last night for the Reds. He’s still striking out to much but you can tell he’s working on his approach and he’s playing well defensively. Hopefully the offense continues to progress. 

I don't think Barrero will ever hit in the magnets. He so far is 4 for 20 2hr 3rbi 11K's 0 walks

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Since the trades of Drury,Pham and Naquin the Reds have very little offense

In the two games in this Mets series they have played 14 innings with 1 run on 11 singles and 5 of them have been infield hits.

Give the Mets pitchers some credit.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard a trivia question on what was the fewest amount of pitches in a complete game shut out. The answer is 58.  That is amazing you can get through 9 innings with 58 pitches

That's unreal. Who did it? Need to file that answer away for useless trivia. Average 6+ pitches per inning? Must be some pitch to contact type pitcher with a phenomenal defense.....and probably very large outfield where homers go to die.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

That's unreal. Who did it? Need to file that answer away for useless trivia. Average 6+ pitches per inning? Must be some pitch to contact type pitcher with a phenomenal defense.....and probably very large outfield where homers go to die.

Red Barrett of the Braves won the game 2-0 against the Reds

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It was Red Barrett...

But if I remember right, it was during the WW2 war years when all the talent was in the service

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Red Barrett of the Braves won the game 2-0 against the Reds

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

It was Red Barrett...

But if I remember right, it was during the WW2 war years when all the talent was in the service

Thanks guys. 58 pitches....just unreal in any game at that level. Had to be a pitch to contact pitcher. No way around it. Strikeout pitchers even elite average what 6 pitches per batter? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Scary thing is all it's going to take is one good week of baseball in September to win that thing. Can't believe the Sox are only 1.5 out as bad as they are.

Going off memory here but I do believe 6 out of Chicago's last 9 games are against the Twins.  Squeezed in between is 3 against the Padres.  Conversely the Tribe finishes with 6 against the Royals.  If none separates themselves, the last week of the season is going to be entertaining.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't remember who did it and I heard it on 1070 this morning 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks guys. 58 pitches....just unreal in any game at that level. Had to be a pitch to contact pitcher. No way around it. Strikeout pitchers even elite average what 6 pitches per batter? 

Pitchers today usually have a 100 pitches by the 5th or 6th innings