2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Last time the Reds started the season on the road?  

What else happened in 1990?

Reds led the division wire to wire and won the World Series.

It could happen again.  :coffee:

If memory serves me correctly, the Reds were on fire in April and May.  Played just above .500 ball the rest of the way.  I can live with that here in 2022.  

Had a friend post something on FB about retiring #s. Marginal Yankees fan, or I at least appreciate their winning. I also love Derek Jeter... anyways, I always thought their retired #s were.. a little much. 

Sort of root for the Yankees or Seattle in the AL. If Schwarber had stayed in Boston I for sure would be rooting for them. 

I am not rooting for the Phillies though lol I find Philadelphia to a poop city. 

Anyone have any thoughts on retired #s in general? To me, being in the HOF or Ring of Honor or both should be enough. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Anyone have any thoughts on retired #s in general? To me, being in the HOF or Ring of Honor or both should be enough. 

I don't have an opinion one way or another on a particular franchise retiring a number.  But I do have questions on how the players change teams these days and how that will relate to retiring #'s.  Castellanos is 30 and is with his 4th team. 

25 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't have an opinion one way or another on a particular franchise retiring a number.  But I do have questions on how the players change teams these days and how that will relate to retiring #'s.  Castellanos is 30 and is with his 4th team. 

Should someone that is of Castellanos talent have a # retired? 

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Baseball will be so much better next year without the shift.  

I started watching the Red-Braves, and in the first inning alone, there were 4 strikeouts...

They want to know why kids don't watch? Watching a batter walk back to the dugout, trot to first, or jog around the bases is boring...