2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

On 4/8/2022 at 11:40 AM, ATX_sig said:

Joey Votto being mic'd up in the opener vs the Braves was outstanding especially when he was playing defense.  Then him telling the manager that he wants to prioritize putting in the least amount work possible is classic.   

For those that didn't see it, here is the entire inning.  Absolutely classic.

• Like 1

Cubs 2-0. Let's stop the season now and start the playoffs.

Seriously, I like the new player from Japan, Suzuki. He has good plate awareness/patience, which is something Cubs generally lack. Speaking of which, it is only two games, but Happ has looked more patient at the plate as well.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought baseball was getting rid of the shift.  Watching the Reds it has cost us two hits and allowed the Braves one hit.  We hit two bullets but they had a defender in short right field that should have been hits.

Shift is legal this season.  Banned starting next year.  

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Idk baseball the way I know football FA and what not. 

But, when healthy and not a covid year... Kyle has been an stud. He was on pace for 40HR 95RBIs and hit .265/.375. Nutty. 

Sorry terminology not very good.   Kyle was arbitration eligible.  The Cubs had to offer (tender) him a contract (defined by the CBA) within a certain period of time.  If they didn't, he was "non-tendered" which means he was a free agent.  The Cubs could of gotten draft picks if they would've tendered him.  The new CBA eliminates this rule.

• Like 1