2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Tyler Stephenson got absolutely crushed by a Luke Voit elbow on a play at the plate.  Reds lose the DH because Bell had the backup catcher in the lineup as the DH.  

Now the pitcher is batting 5th.  Can't get any worse for the Refs can it.  The Reds are last in the league in hits

Edited by IU Scott

Just came across this. Have always liked the A's from a distance for whatever reason but MLB needs to figure out a plan for some of these teams and moving them. Nashville, Charlotte, Vegas.....shoot I bet the 1 sport state of Nebraska would sell out a stadium in Lincoln or Omaha all year.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/athletics/article/A-s-draw-3-748-to-2nd-home-game-smallest-17092418.php

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just came across this. Have always liked the A's from a distance for whatever reason but MLB needs to figure out a plan for some of these teams and moving them. Nashville, Charlotte, Vegas.....shoot I bet the 1 sport state of Nebraska would sell out a stadium in Lincoln or Omaha all year.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/athletics/article/A-s-draw-3-748-to-2nd-home-game-smallest-17092418.php

I would just be in favor of contracting some teams because some of these teams have no interest in competing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would just be in favor of contracting some teams because some of these teams have no interest in competing. 

I'd prefer a salary floor but I doubt the owners would ever accept that. Pirates have a salary cap of $50M. Reds are at $61M but $25M of that is Votto. The Dodgers have that covered with like 2 players.

It's April 20th and the season is pretty much over for half of the NL Central....including my Cubs who should be ashamed of their lack of spending.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd prefer a salary floor but I doubt the owners would ever accept that. Pirates have a salary cap of $50M. Reds are at $61M but $25M of that is Votto. The Dodgers have that covered with like 2 players.

It's April 20th and the season is pretty much over for half of the NL Central....including my Cubs who should be ashamed of their lack of spending.

To me expansion has not helped the game because it keeps diluting the talent. In the NBA when there were 24 teams, most teams had at least a couple of really good players.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Tyler Stephenson got absolutely crushed by a Luke Voit elbow on a play at the plate.  Reds lose the DH because Bell had the backup catcher in the lineup as the DH.  

Tommy Pham after the game...

“When I rewatched it on video, I thought Luke could’ve done a better job with avoiding the tag. The way his hands hit him, it was dirty as f---,” Pham said, per Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I don’t like it at all. The way his hands hit him in the face, it was dirty. If Luke wants to settle it, I get down really well. Anything, Muay Thai, whatever. I’ve got a (gym) owner here who will let me use his facility. So, f--- ’em.” 

🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 6-0 to SD for their 9,the loss in a row.

Reds last 7 games were outscored 42-10

First 6 games scored 27 runs.

Last 7 games scored 10 runs

The Reds are so bad, they aren't only going to get the #1 pick in the MLB draft, they'll get the #1 in the NFL, NBA, and NHL as well.  

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 6-0 to SD for their 9,the loss in a row.

Reds last 7 games were outscored 42-10

First 6 games scored 27 runs.

Last 7 games scored 10 runs

Everyone in Cincinnati knew this was going to happen.  The franchise has been a disaster since Marge was the majority owner.  It has never recovered.  I have doubts that it ever will.  

44 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Everyone in Cincinnati knew this was going to happen.  The franchise has been a disaster since Marge was the majority owner.  It has never recovered.  I have doubts that it ever will.  

Adolph says, "Everybody knows [Marge] was good at the beginning, but she just went too far."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

What’s up baseball fans? Most importantly though, Go Cardinals! :) 

To pick up our conversation...

Yes, the Cardinals have had a few more lucky years than the Cubs...

But now the curse is off! If we ever get an owner that wants to spend money, watch out! 

🛐

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Miggy has always been one of my favorite non-Reds players.  The teams he's played with have generally been out of the spotlight, so his greatness is often overlooked.  

Any answer like this is just perfect. The idea of sport is to win, and imo there are times we have lost that, or at least it's importance. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

To pick up our conversation...

Yes, the Cardinals have had a few more lucky years than the Cubs...

But now the curse is off! If we ever get an owner that wants to spend money, watch out! 

🛐

It’s funny because Cards fans feel the same way. Front office wants to put together a team to barely make it into the playoffs, and just hopes the team will magically be better. Gets frustrating because the organization could pour a lot more money to get players, but always refuse. 

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

It’s funny because Cards fans feel the same way. Front office wants to put together a team to barely make it into the playoffs, and just hopes the team will magically be better. Gets frustrating because the organization could pour a lot more money to get players, but always refuse. 

As a Reds fan, I would gladly trade our ownership/management for yours.  I hate the Cards with a passion, but there is no denying they have been one of the best run MLB franchises over the last 30 years.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As a Reds fan, I would gladly trade our ownership/management for yours.  I hate the Cards with a passion, but there is no denying they have been one of the best run MLB franchises over the last 30 years.   

And that’s the bad part of being a Cardinals fans. We are truly spoiled, but we expect a little more from our organization. Main issue is with John Mozeliak and his consistent message every year after failing to go after top level free agents, “We believe in what we have internally.” Cardinals fans do have it good and we are spoiled, we just wish they would open the pocketbook more that is obviously there.

Yankees just intentionally walked Miggy with runners on 2nd and 3rd in what will likely be his last at bat of the game.  The Tigers had bases loaded and nobody out when the guy hitting in front of Cabrerra grounds into a 1-2-3 double play, which left 1st open. Right before that I was sitting there thinking to myself, as long as this dude doesn't do something to leave 1st base open, they will have to give him something to hit. 

Little consolation to people that just had tickets for today's game, but at least Detroit is home over the weekend so he should get the hit in Detroit.  That would have really sucked if they were heading out on a road trip after today.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yankees just intentionally walked Miggy with runners on 2nd and 3rd in what will likely be his last at bat of the game.  The Tigers had bases loaded and nobody out when the guy hitting in front of Cabrerra grounds into a 1-2-3 double play, which left 1st open. Right before that I was sitting there thinking to myself, as long as this dude doesn't do something to leave 1st base open, they will have to give him something to hit. 

Little consolation to people that just had tickets for today's game, but at least Detroit is home over the weekend so he should get the hit in Detroit.  That would have really sucked if they were heading out on a road trip after today.  

Just saw this and thought to myself well....Detroit gets to sell a few more tickets for tomorrow's game. I get why Boone did it. Everyone does but my guess those in attendance today aren't sending Boone any Christmas cards soon.

• Like 1