2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Schwarber with an epic ejection in the bottom of the 9th on a called 3rd strike.  

Thing about Schwarber is as a catcher by trade he knows the zone better than most. He's watched Angel's crap for years and finally had it. 

How MLB keeps running Angel out there year after year is beyond comprehension. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thing about Schwarber is as a catcher by trade he knows the zone better than most. He's watched Angel's crap for years and finally had it. 

How MLB keeps running Angel out there year after year is beyond comprehension. 

In August of 2001 Hernandez made a horrible call at the plate just before the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley.  Steve McMichael, Bears DL, took to the PA system to criticize the call.  He was to "sing" during the 7th inning stretch.   Hernandez tossed him, and Wrigley security game up and took him away.  He never sang a word!

True story.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, slojoe said:

In August of 2001 Hernandez made a horrible call at the plate just before the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley.  Steve McMichael, Bears DL, took to the PA system to criticize the call.  He was to "sing" during the 7th inning stretch.   Hernandez tossed him, and Wrigley security game up and took him away.  He never sang a word!

True story.

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Well, let's bring on RoboUmp.  And let's use a pitch clock too, while we're at it.  And do something about all the shifting, for Doubleday's sake!

The shifting rule will be implemented next year...roboump won't be long I don't think...then ball/strike arguments will look like this...

bXuf3a.gif.dd59e0a3d93c5bbbbfcc42f78dfc5e1b.gif

11 hours ago, slojoe said:

True story.

Remember watching it live like it was yesterday.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Missed by half a foot lol

I love when the Brewers lose but even that one was just unacceptable. I think KS earned some more buddies last night. Even the Brewers post game were saying someone was going to lose it eventually but they said when he's behind the plate you just have to know it's wide zone and never consistent. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I love when the Brewers lose but even that one was just unacceptable. I think KS earned some more buddies last night. Even the Brewers post game were saying someone was going to lose it eventually but they said when he's behind the plate you just have to know it's wide zone and never consistent. 

You can't have a wide zone by 6.5 inches lol 

My favorite part about the whole thing with KS is... he waited until he knew he was done with the game, so it didn't cost his team at all to get ejected. KS is a dude. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

You can't have a wide zone by 6.5 inches lol 

My favorite part about the whole thing with KS is... he waited until he knew he was done with the game, so it didn't cost his team at all to get ejected. KS is a dude. 

Awesome guy and ambassador for IU.....now we just need to help him remember what a great hitter he is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm more of a fan of firing incompetent umpires like Hernandez than I am of robo-ump.

How would the robo ump work and what angle will it come from. Listened to JMV with Heath Bell a former pitcher and he noticed on TV the strike zone is different bon different broadcast.

First 5 things I'd do if I was Baseball God...

1. Abolish the DH in both leagues 

2. Allow the use of white ash bats only 

3. Give a 1 million dollar bonus to the leader in triples in each league at the end of the year 

4. Give a 1 million dollar bonus to the leader in stolen bases in each league at the end of the year  

5. Institute a RoboUmp and call it S.C.O.T.T (Strike Calling On Target Technology) 

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

3. Give a 1 million dollar bonus to the leader in triples in each league at the end of the year 

4. Give a 1 million dollar bonus to the leader in stolen bases in each league at the end of the year  

5. Institute a RoboUmp and call it S.C.O.T.T (Strike Calling On Target Technology) 

😁

I've watched quite a bit of baseball this year.  I've seen 1 stolen base and zero triples.  For my money, those are the two most exciting offensive plays there are.  Defensively, throwing a runner out at home tops the excitement list.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

😁

I'll never agree with 1. 

3 and 4 are absolutely great ideas. 

Still quite a bit of bags taken at the college level! 

5 is a great name for UmpBot 

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've watched quite a bit of baseball this year.  I've seen 1 stolen base and zero triples.  For my money, those are the two most exciting offensive plays there are.  Defensively, throwing a runner out at home tops the excitement list.

I think it was 85 when Coleman joined the fray. Following in the Rickey's footsteps. Call it the Cardinals triple. Coleman walks....steals second and either is moved over to third by bunt or hitting to right side of infield and Herr would Sac fly him in. 

Or Coleman would walk...steal 2nd and 3rd and score on ground out or sac fly. Either way it was always 1-0 after the top of the first when playing Cubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

A few days ago I saw the reds were 18th in SB with 4.  They have taken away some of the best things about baseball and have no idea why.  There is very little action in the game and mainly have walks, K's or HR.

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it was 85 when Coleman joined the fray. Following in the Rickey's footsteps. Call it the Cardinals triple. Coleman walks....steals second and either is moved over to third by bunt or hitting to right side of infield and Herr would Sac fly him in. 

Or Coleman would walk...steal 2nd and 3rd and score on ground out or sac fly. Either way it was always 1-0 after the top of the first when playing Cubs.

I think Herr had 110 RBI with only 9hr's.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Look at the stats for the 85 Cardinals.

BA non pitchers .275

HR 86

Runs 747

SB 312

CSB 96

• Like 1