2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it was 85 when Coleman joined the fray. Following in the Rickey's footsteps. Call it the Cardinals triple. Coleman walks....steals second and either is moved over to third by bunt or hitting to right side of infield and Herr would Sac fly him in. 

Or Coleman would walk...steal 2nd and 3rd and score on ground out or sac fly. Either way it was always 1-0 after the top of the first when playing Cubs.

I remember them very well. Tommy Herr knocked in over 100 runs and hit less than 10 HRs...

I almost got into a fight walking out of old Busch Stadium that year arguing with some Cardinal fan over who was better... Herr or Sandberg...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it was 85 when Coleman joined the fray. Following in the Rickey's footsteps. Call it the Cardinals triple. Coleman walks....steals second and either is moved over to third by bunt or hitting to right side of infield and Herr would Sac fly him in. 

Whiteyball in a nutshell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Pretty good that they still were able to score that many runs

They had Jack Clark in the middle of that lineup, so they did have a bit of power...

But a bunch of contact hitters with speed, especially on that turf was great baseball to watch...my wife's sister was dating a guy that worked for an ad firm, and he got great tickets all the time (a couple of times we sat a row in front of then mayor Vince Schoemehl right behind home plate)... probably went to about 20 of their games that year...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They had Jack Clark in the middle of that lineup, so they did have a bit of power...

But a bunch of contact hitters with speed, especially on that turf was great baseball to watch...my wife's sister was dating a guy that worked for an ad firm, and he got great tickets all the time (a couple of times we sat a row in front of then mayor Vince Schoemehl right behind home plate)... probably went to about 20 of their games that year...

Man that turf. I think I can visualize the heat coming off it now. On the way to the Ozarks as a kid we watched a Cubs/Cardinals game. Early 80's....first and only game I remember ever leaving early in any sport ever. 

Speaking of my Cubs. 14 straight games vs playoff teams. I think I'd sign up for 6-8 in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Okay okay, you got me. Is there any chatter on the direction of the Reds front office? I can’t stand the Reds but curious. 

Front office with yet another black eye.  People who came to games over the weekend with unflattering signs about the direction of the team were approached in the stands and asked to put them away.

Can you say 'Clueless'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Front office with yet another black eye.  People who came to games over the weekend with unflattering signs about the direction of the team were approached in the stands and asked to put them away.

Can you say 'Clueless'.

Also had a plane flyover with some signs on them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't remember seeing a pitcher lose it so quickly. The Reds Samaritan got the first 8 batters out then gave up a homer but got the next batter out. Score was 1-1 and the Padres first 8 batters got on and now is 6-1 with the bases loaded and no outs.

9-1