2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Tigers have lost 3 straight games all by a score of 3-2. Top of the 8th, they lead the Astros 2-1. Gee, I wonder how this one will end? 

It ended with the Tigers giving up 2 runs in the 8th and losing 3-2 for the 4th day in a row, in case anyone was wondering. 

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds beat the Brewers 10-5 and have their first two game win streak of the year.  Now won 3 out of 4 and they are actually hitting the ball.  They found a few guys who are contributing in Drury, Moran, Reynolds and Almora

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the 'starters' stay on the IL (Moose, Senzel, etc.).  The guys you mentioned deserve to keep playing.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

And get Joey V. to retire...please.  He's 38 and still screwing around with his setup...his stance...his swing.  And it doesn't work any longer.

I would like to think that if Joey felt he was done, he would give it up.  Then again, those paychecks are pretty big.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

And get Joey V. to retire...please.  He's 38 and still screwing around with his setup...his stance...his swing.  And it doesn't work any longer.

I cant do that.  Joey deserves a chance to go out on his own terms, at least until the end of this season.  That said, I'm skeptical he will ever be even a league average player again.

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds are now only 2.5 games behind..........the Tigers for the worst record in MLB.  

The Tigers are now 1 win and 4 losses away from matching last year's 9-24 start. Of course, they went 68-61 the rest of the way after that, so who knows? Just not much of a spring team, I guess. 

This team has a Joey Votto of its own. Cabrera is 39 and getting paid $32 million to try and hit his bodyweight. Under contract for the same salary next year too. The Tigers' now-deceased owner tried to buy a championship about a decade ago and the Tigers have spent the past 5 years just waiting for contracts to expire. 

• Like 2

In talking Votto and Cabrera, late 30's has always been an age where skill decline really takes over.  I think it is even more pronounced in this day and age because of how hard pitchers throw. 

I have to think asking a 38-39 year old to get around on a 98 mph fastball is a lot tougher than getting around on the 88 mph fastball that was common 30 years ago

We may never see a player get 3,000 hits again.  Guys just wont be able to produce the types of seasons necessary post age 35 to get there.  Miggy may be the last.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We may never see a player get 3,000 hits again.  Guys just wont be able to produce the types of seasons necessary post age 35 to get there.  Miggy may be the last.

Hopefully there are some more Gwynns and Molitors still out there...for the sake of the sport.

They talk about speeding up the game...

I'm watching the Red Sox at the Braves and if every batter who walks didn't have to stop and take all the body armor off and get the oven mitt on, that'd shave some off...

And I guess I really don't understand today's game...

0-0 bottom of the 1st, Acuna on 3rd with 1 out, and Cora plays the infield in?!?! 

Ooookay...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Reid Detmers of the Angels threw a no-hitter versus the Rays last night.  Look at his walk, strikeout, and pitch-count totals.  Pitching to contact is still the best way to win.

image.png.8280cd903f7828c88dc2f7105519a369.png

Woke up ticked. I went with Clevinger in FanDuel but an article I read said if you want a cheap option that pitches to contact he's worth a flyer. Haha...only a $5k decision. Haha.

• Haha 1

Reds win a wild one vs the Brewers 14-11. Reds pitchers had trouble with big leads today. Got up 8-0 after 2 but the starter couldn't even get through 5 to get the win. After the Reds scored 6 in the bottom of the 8th to go up 14-5 the Reds bullpen gave up 6 in the top of the 9th.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1