2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't follow NL teams that much, but are the Cardinals bad this year? I see where Tampa whalloped them last night....

Right now I'd say they're the 5th best team in the NL. Hitting is good, but middle of the pack pitching... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

It always amazes me how good the Rays manage to be every year when they annually have a bottom 5 payroll and rank in the bottom 5 in attendance. 

That ballpark they have has to be an atrocious place to watch a game.

Baseball for me has become much more enjoyable when I watch teams other than the Reds.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

And then there were 5.  Mendoza membership down to just a handful.

image.thumb.png.d2f29cd9c85e3fdc5c500dc14ea19a4f.png

Three infielders hitting under .200, the team's best hitter is 39 years old and the pitching staff is 6th in runs allowed. 

The Tigers have turned into a Midwest version of the Seattle Mariners. 

14 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It always amazes me how good the Rays manage to be every year when they annually have a bottom 5 payroll and rank in the bottom 5 in attendance. 

My Cubs brethren think I'm joking when I say this....I'll take their entire organization/leadership/scouting department,etc.....

Not just one or two people. The entire thing. Started with Maddon in 2006 where 2 years later they ran off 5 90+ win seasons while routinely having one of the lowest payrolls. All the while doing that in the AL East....which isn't necessarily the NL Central. 

Here they are again. 11 games over .500 and unless you do daily fantasy leagues on Fanduel I'd bet the the average baseball fan couldn't name one guy on their team. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My Cubs brethren think I'm joking when I say this....I'll take their entire organization/leadership/scouting department,etc.....

Not just one or two people. The entire thing. Started with Maddon in 2006 where 2 years later they ran off 5 90+ win seasons while routinely having one of the lowest payrolls. All the while doing that in the AL East....which isn't necessarily the NL Central. 

Here they are again. 11 games over .500 and unless you do daily fantasy leagues on Fanduel I'd bet the the average baseball fan couldn't name one guy on their team. 

Yeah, but the Cubs have enough dough to do a hybrid model. Sure, seed the farm system with quality players, coaches, and scouts, but when you need to spend money, spend it.

This crap of contending 2 years out of every 5 is baloney for a team with the Cubs resources... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, but the Cubs have enough dough to do a hybrid model. Sure, seed the farm system with quality players, coaches, and scouts, but when you need to spend money, spend it.

This crap of contending 2 years out of every 5 is baloney for a team with the Cubs resources... 

Agree all day. I meant I want all of their people to go with our resources. Their people get whatever getting it means. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:02 AM, IUFLA said:

Yankees got criticized many times for doing just this.

Good ol' George (rest his soul) had no issues spending the money....

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 4:45 PM, 5fouls said:

Bad day for the Reds

- Bullpen blows a lead in the 9th

- Catcher Tyler Stephenson breaks his thumb

- Albert Almora also left game with injury after diving for ball.  

Reds bullpen blows another late lead at St. Louis. Up 4-1 in the 8th and Strickland gave up 2 runs and in the 9th Kuenel gives up a walk off 2 rin Homer with 2 outs.  There is no reason Strickland should be in those situation and Kuenel shouldn't be closing a game.

WOW! Yankees clobbered 6 home runs in last nights game versus the Cubs, winning 8-0!

Quite a turnaround from the previous nights game when the Yanks had to go 13 innings to win on a wlak-off single 2-1!

Today's game could be interesting as there will be 2 pitchers facing one another with 6-1 records. Thompson vs. Taillon....

Yanks have now won 10 of their last 11 (sorry Reds fans)...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Not sure how it's possible for a team to have so many non-hitters on it. If the Tigers traded places with a Triple A team for a week, I bet that team could outperform this one offensively. 

I took a quick glance at team stats.  The Tigers team BA is .218.  Unbelievably, there are 2 teams with worse averages.  Arizona is batting .217 and Oakland checks in as MLB's worst at .212.  FWIW, the league average is .241.