2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

I've seen and witnessed all kinds of weather for a Cubs game. 110 degrees to snow to 42 degrees in mid June....but tonight might take it. Lightning strikes at Wrigley....84 mph winds at O'Hare. Be safe to the brethren up that way tonight.

PS....probably means the game will start in 45 minutes or so. Crazy stuff Mother Nature keeps dishing out!

Edited by Seeking6

The Reds won last night and in the process...

Mahle pitched three-hit ball and became the first pitcher since 1900 to not win while throwing nine or more scoreless innings on the road with at least 12 strikeouts and no walks, according to STATS. He threw a career-high 119 pitches.

Reds bullpen is just plain brutal.  Last night despite a Reds win the bullpen didn't help. Score was 0-0 going to the 10th and Reds scored in the 10th and 11th but the bullpen gave up the lead bit Reds finally won in the 12th. Today Reds tied the game in the 8th but the bullpen gave up 4 runs in the 8th.

Last night Mahle went 9 and 0 runs. Bullpen 3IP and 3 runs.

Today Castillo 7IP 3 runs, bullpen 1IP 4 runs 

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds bullpen is just plain brutal.  Last night despite a Reds win the bullpen didn't help. Score was 0-0 going to the 10th and Reds scored in the 10th and 11th but the bullpen gave up the lead bit Reds finally won in the 12th. Today Reds tied the game in the 8th but the bullpen gave up 4 runs in the 8th.

Last night Mahle went 9 and 0 runs. Bullpen 3IP and 3 runs.

Today Castillo 7IP 3 runs, bullpen 1IP 4 runs 

Fear not, the Reds playing even .400 ball will have them in 3rd soon enough...

As a Cub fan, I hope the McRicketts sell ASAP. We won't contend for another 2 years, if then... It's embarrassing... 

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Fear not, the Reds playing even .400 ball will have them in 3rd soon enough...

As a Cub fan, I hope the McRicketts sell ASAP. We won't contend for another 2 years, if then... It's embarrassing... 

Boos were pouring out last night. If I thought Ricketts and Jed knew my boos were specifically for them I would join in but I never boo the players. Going again on Friday and that's it for my contribution to Cubs/Wrigley/Chicago and this small time operation.

In terms of contending. 2 years would mean we are spending like crazy and ALL of our prospects are delivering. Right now I'm seeing about a 10% success rate on prospects.

There was a stat floating around on Tuesday for us. Cubs were 1-53 w/RISP recently. Give me the worst ballplayer in the world and he or she could go 1-53....that's how bad this team still is.

Oh well. The beer was cold and dogs (nothing on them) tasted great. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

At 185 feet tall, it seems as if he would be more suited for basketball.  At only 29 pounds, he might get pushed around in the post though.  

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Phillies 6 MICHAEL KELLY AGE: 6'4" HT: 185 WT: 29 BIRTHPLACE: Boynton Beach, Florida തതത'

And he's either very young or very old for a major league baseball player... 

Nickname "Noodle." 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

At 185 feet tall, it seems as if he would be more suited for basketball.  At only 29 pounds, he might get pushed around in the post though.  

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Phillies 6 MICHAEL KELLY AGE: 6'4" HT: 185 WT: 29 BIRTHPLACE: Boynton Beach, Florida തതത'

That sounds like Chet Holmgren.l, but at 64 years old he might have trouble getting up the court

• Like 1

My wife surprised me with front row tickets (about even withe the first base bag) to the White Sox-Astros game for Father's Day...

PXL_20211026_171825940.thumb.jpg.859d76a98b3571e838509de7c3c1a9e0.jpg

Since  not a fan of either team, I figured I'd go with the 55 Brooklyn Dodgers look...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3