IU @ MN post game thread.

Zlinedavid

34 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I can tell you are upset, sorry for that. Can you help me understand if you're upset about our defense giving up so many points in the last 8 minutes or with our offensive production in the game? 

I'm not sure I understand the relation to TJD getting more post ups and Minnesota getting back into the game. 

My original post is what I believe and it simply stated I take this team for what it is, good and bad. Some on here seem clueless and want us to think it's ok to stop playing with 8 minutes to go as long as you scrape by with a win over a poor team. They see last night as a nice win. OK? They talk about lucky shots from the other team but those shots still count and there have been a ton of lucky shots against IU over the course of the season and last several years for that matter. That kind of thinking bothers me. It's shortsighted thinking that's doomed to failure. I hope the coaches and players don't live in the same Pollyanna bubble. I find it comical some argue in favor of that line of thinking. It's the Creanization of the IU fanbase. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

My original post is what I believe and it simply stated I take this team for what it is, good and bad. Some on here seem clueless and want us to think it's ok to stop playing with 8 minutes to go as long as you scrape by with a win over a poor team. They see last night as a nice win. OK? They talk about lucky shots from the other team but those shots still count and there have been a ton of lucky shots against IU over the course of the season and last several years for that matter. That kind of thinking bothers me. It's shortsighted thinking that's doomed to failure. I hope the coaches and players don't live in the same Pollyanna bubble. I find it comical some argue in favor of that line of thinking. It's the Creanization of the IU fanbase. 

Last night's game goes into the W column and doesn't get points taken off for almost blowing a lead.  Never see a fan base that actually complains about a road victory in the Big ten.  I don't know why some even watch the games because no matter the outcome they seem miserable.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Last night's game goes into the W column and doesn't get points taken off for almost blowing a lead.  Never see a fan base that actually complains about a road victory in the Big ten.  I don't know why some even watch the games because no matter the outcome they seem miserable.

He’s not complaining about the win. He’s complaining about other people making excuses for the last 8 minutes which were ABSOLUTELY pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

He’s not complaining about the win. He’s complaining about other people making excuses for the last 8 minutes which were ABSOLUTELY pathetic. 

I think most here are choosing to focus on the 80% of the game where we dominated completely, instead of the 20% when we clearly took our foot off the gas and Minny hit some difficult shots. People aren’t “clueless” for choosing that as their takeaway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I think most here are choosing to focus on the 80% of the game where we dominated completely, instead of the 20% when we clearly took our foot off the gas and Minny hit some difficult shots. People aren’t “clueless” for choosing that as their takeaway. 

If you don't focus on the negative aspect of everything how will you get better? 

Some of us just watched Bobby Knight so much back in the day that we see the game through the lens of the General - clearly Mike Woodson can't see things that way! He probably hasn't even talked to Coach Knight since he graduated. 

And my last point on this - what type of message do you think it sends to the team when they read that our fans are content with road wins by 5 instead of 27? What if they see that we know the other team hit some tough shots and we don't call for Woody to make them run 22 hours straight of suicides; one hour for each point of the lead they gave up? What if we don't think this game deserves Coach taking a dump in a pizza box at half court? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I wish i could be IUScott so I could always be right and live on a high horse.  To never be wrong.  To have the most important and perfect opinion of anything.  Man, i know what i am asking Santa from Christmas this year!

You guys need to get a room...or a cage and duke it out (LOL)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If you don't focus on the negative aspect of everything how will you get better? 

Some of us just watched Bobby Knight so much back in the day that we see the game through the lens of the General - clearly Mike Woodson can't see things that way! He probably hasn't even talked to Coach Knight since he graduated. 

And my last point on this - what type of message do you think it sends to the team when they read that our fans are content with road wins by 5 instead of 27? What if they see that we know the other team hit some tough shots and we don't call for Woody to make them run 22 hours straight of suicides; one hour for each point of the lead they gave up? What if we don't think this game deserves Coach taking a dump in a pizza box at half court? 

I can't tell where you're being serious and well when you went completely off your rocker and asked for poop in a pizza box

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Obviously, i am asking Santa for it

I have admitted plenty of times when I have been wrong.  To me it must be miserable always being a glass half empty person and never seeing any of the positive things.  Was the last 8 minutes  good, no but those first 32 minutes were the best we played all year.  We won a game we had to have so that is what I am concentrating on.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

I’m glad to have won, and I love it that someone said Minny became the ‘92 Dream Team for 8 minutes… BUT, I can also see some Frustration because after all, we have seen the other guys go completely off so many times in the last 10-15 years that it seems that it can’t just be a coincidence. I mean, I’m still mad about “Falzone” from Northwestern having the game of his life against IU, how many seasons ago now? Many were commenting on the game thread that they were nervous even with a 27 point lead. You just KNEW those shots that Minnesota was taking were going in, because we have seen it so many times before. You just KNEW we were going to lose this historic game, and crush all of our hopes for another year… but this time we held on. With all the other things going on in the world, I chose to be glass half full on this one. It’s not over til it’s over, and as the great Farmer Fran said, “we live to play another day.” I’m going to enjoy this season til the end. Either we can celebrate making the Dance together, or we can all commiserate and wait til next year. Good thing Falzone didn’t play last night for Minnesota 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

I didn’t realize I called people clueless for focusing on the 80%. I was just clarifying the point of the post for IUScott.  It’s also okay for people to acknowledge we played phenomenal basketball for 80% of the time while also acknowledging that we were pathetic trying to put the game away the last 8 minutes. Probably suit everybody better if people didn’t worry about what everybody else was focusing on and just discuss / debate right? 

Finally got to sit down and watch the game. When XJ is on, he’s a beast. I get the Green comparisons, but we XJ is better by far. Good to have Rob back, we will need him for Rutgers. 

I actually liked it when Woodson refused to call a time out and told them to “figure it out.” Felt a bit like the Knight days, though Knight took it to the extreme a bit too many times. 

Next game is a season maker or season killer. They had better show up and jump all over Rutgers. If they do that, then I’ll be mostly okay with this season. If they choke it away on Senior Night at home, then it will feel like Archie-ball all over again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

If you don't focus on the negative aspect of everything how will you get better?  👀

Fans don't have to focus on all the negatives for the team to get better, that's the coaches job.  And I know this might be hard to believe, but sometimes it's ok for fans to acknowledge some positives or enjoy a win And if you don't think Woody has talked to Knight, then I don't what to tell you. And what fans are content with the past few seasons or losses? Being ok with a win doesn't mean you are content with the overall season or a loss. But sometimes it is ok to see some light in the darkness, I promise the team won't know (don't want our "praise" going to anybody's head) and you won't spontaneously combust (I don't think). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I didn’t realize I called people clueless for focusing on the 80%. I was just clarifying the point of the post for IUScott.  It’s also okay for people to acknowledge we played phenomenal basketball for 80% of the time while also acknowledging that we were pathetic trying to put the game away the last 8 minutes. Probably suit everybody better if people didn’t worry about what everybody else was focusing on and just discuss / debate right? 

You didn’t call people clueless, but the poster whose posts you were clarifying did. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

If you don't focus on the negative aspect of everything how will you get better?  👀

Fans don't have to focus on all the negatives for the team to get better, that's the coaches job.  And I know this might be hard to believe, but sometimes it's ok for fans to acknowledge some positives or enjoy a win And if you don't think Woody has talked to Knight, then I don't what to tell you. And what fans are content with the past few seasons or losses? Being ok with a win doesn't mean you are content with the overall season or a loss. But sometimes it is ok to see some light in the darkness, I promise the team won't know (don't want our "praise" going to anybody's head) and you won't spontaneously combust (I don't think). 

Like I agree with you, but do you think I was being serious?