IU @ MN post game thread.

Zlinedavid

19 minutes ago, John S said:

Dont get why he wont play Bates more.  Look how Davis at WI is now playing in his soph year.  Give bates game experience.  

I'm stating to get the feeling, and it's probably stupid... But I think he is coming loaded for next year, while building some culture this year. While walking that thin line winning and making the tourney.

Next year Bates, Geronimo, Galloway are going to be spectacular! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

To put this in perspective, 30+ years ago, UK came back from 31 down with 15:30 left to beat LSU.  People still talk about that game.  We were up 27 with 8.01 on the clock and it became a 1 possession game.  smh

Correction on the time left on clock for the UK game.  Makes our almost collapse even more stunning.

I watched that UK/LSU game and was one of the craziest games ever. I think a few years ago in the tournament that N. Iowa blew a huge late lead to VA Tech which seemed like our game tonight.  I also remember a few late leads we have lost in the Barn

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

I have put plenty of blame on the players at times this year, but this near collapse belong to CMW. Bad call to stop shooting the three. Killed our Mo. 

This team stuggles playing clock/possession.  It's going to be important if we want to get back to culture from 20 years ago.  However, this team struggles with that style of play.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The UK game I reference above was ranked as the #1 greatest comeback in sports history by USA Today.  We almost saw history tonight.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/the-10-greatest-comebacks-in-all-of-sports?source=twshare

I say the Colts being down 35-14 with 6 minutes to go and came back to win is the best.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I watched that UK/LSU game and was one of the craziest games ever. I think a few years ago in the tournament that N. Iowa blew a huge late lead to VA Tech which seemed like our game tonight.  I also remember a few late leads we have lost in the Barn

I seem to recall a game we played in the preseason NIT against Tulane we almost lost.

First 32 minutes were probably the best we have played all year.  The first 12 minutes of the second half when we outscored them 30-10, we probably can't play any better.

The last 8 minutes we just relaxed and took the floor off the pedal and we couldn't regain the momentum. Can't give up 36 points in the last 8 minutes of the game. UM did hit some contested 3's and just was unconscious in the last 8 minutes.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That NW game though 🤦‍♂️!

Would be pretty nice to be 19-9 (10-8) right now with another road win. 

And the two Wisconsin games, and the Ohio State game…

Theres four conference games we absolutely should be kicking ourselves for losing. We are set inflicted errors away from being right in contention at the top of the conference. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

And the two Wisconsin games, and the Ohio State game…

Theres four conference games we absolutely should be kicking ourselves for losing. We are set inflicted errors away from being right in contention at the top of the conference. 

Don't forget @ Penn St

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You know, looking in the rear view mirror is a loser’s mentality. Woulda, coulda, shoulda thought process does nothing to address what is ahead.

Guess the glass is half empty perspective is where this thread is headed. 

Can’t do anything about the past except learn from it. Certainly, this team has to focus on what can be instead of what might have been 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1