IU @ MN post game thread.

Zlinedavid

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Oh yeah, we shot 48% from 3 tonight. 

When is the last time you could say that about an IU team?

How dare you interject a positive into the world of toxicity that is our fanbase? Road win. Check. Yet we try to figure the state of the program posts all the time. Starting to feel like Illinois around here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That NW game though 🤦‍♂️!

Would be pretty nice to be 19-9 (10-8) right now with another road win. 

That game could go down as what was symbolic of restoring IU basketball.  We might see it this year, I can guarantee we see it down the road of IU getting back to the IU brand of winning.  Just have the feeling, that game will become legendary.

I was at my brother-in-laws having dinner and turned the game on at halftime. When we got almost a 30 point lead he said well this one is over. I told no way as this is Indiana. I told him it wouldn't surprise we one bit that the game would go into overtime and we would lose. When RP took the 3 point shot from the right side and missed everything I said that shot and the subsequent Minnesota 3 was a turning point in the game. This team has no killer instinct. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I was at my brother-in-laws having dinner and turned the game on at halftime. When we got almost a 30 point lead he said well this one is over. I told no way as this is Indiana. I told him it wouldn't surprise we one bit that the game would go into overtime and we would lose. When RP took the 3 point shot from the right side and missed everything I said that shot and the subsequent Minnesota 3 was a turning point in the game. This team has no killer instinct. 

Unfortunately you are right.

Wife and I went out for pizza at half time and pretty much like what I saw. Then after, we went to my sons house to say goodnight to the grandkids. When we walked in, I asked my son what the score was, he said I might not want to know. I'm thinkin' Uh-Oh..... When I walked in to his family room, XJ was at the line with 3.9 seconds left for 2 FTs. When he nailed both, I could breathe easier!! Good thing too, with 3 grandkids, I'm sure they didn't want to see papaw become a raving lunatic!!  😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Do me a favor. The next time you are at your brother-in-law's house and IU is winning by 30, don't turn the game on. Our NCAA tourney chances are already slim enough and there is no margin for error. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

good to see Rob back and Geronimo looking so good.  if we can beat Rutgers we go 3-6 over that last 9 we were looking at.  not great, but puts us in a good position to just win 1 in the B1G tourney and get in.  just getting in this year would make me happy!  as others have said, i like the idea of JHS, Bates, Galloway, Geronimo next year.  of course i'm sure many others will be back that will help a lot too, but i mean the improvement i think we'll see.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The UNC Asheville game is looming a little bit large, if it wasn’t canceled we would be 19-10

Game would have been meaningless other than lowering our SOS. They are 221 in the NET.

Total wins seem to be meaningless. Memphis & SMU are in same conference with SMU second & Memphis third. SMU is 20-7, Memphis is 17-9. Lunardii has Memphis in and SMU out

Michigan is currently in at 15-12

• Like 1

Good W. I know people are freaking out about the last 8, but meh. You could also say that we made plays and hit FTs down the stretch that won us the game. We built a huge lead on the road against a dangerous team in the B1G - that's a positive no matter how the game ended, and we clearly let up on the gas a bit, and it can sometimes be difficult to put the pedal down again.

I also have to say that probably my favorite possession of the year came in this game on the defensive end. Minnesota was moving the ball crisply around the perimeter, trying dribble drive penetration, and we completely shut down everything, either by quality defensive technique and taking proper angles on the drives, or help defense, or simply protecting the rim (possession ended with a TJD block). It really is a treat watching this team play defense.

Get the home W against Rutgers, maybe pull another W in the BTT, and we should be dancing, which could be absolutely huge for the program and CMW going forward. I think you accelerate the rebuild/retool/whatever you want to call it if we can get in the tournament this year, vs going to the NIT. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Wife and I went out for pizza at half time and pretty much like what I saw. Then after, we went to my sons house to say goodnight to the grandkids. When we walked in, I asked my son what the score was, he said I might not want to know. I'm thinkin' Uh-Oh..... When I walked in to his family room, XJ was at the line with 3.9 seconds left for 2 FTs. When he nailed both, I could breathe easier!! Good thing too, with 3 grandkids, I'm sure they didn't want to see papaw become a raving lunatic!!  😁

So its your fault!! :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1