IU @ MN post game thread.

Zlinedavid

3 hours ago, Rev_AK said:

I’m glad to have won, and I love it that someone said Minny became the ‘92 Dream Team for 8 minutes… BUT, I can also see some Frustration because after all, we have seen the other guys go completely off so many times in the last 10-15 years that it seems that it can’t just be a coincidence. I mean, I’m still mad about “Falzone” from Northwestern having the game of his life against IU, how many seasons ago now? Many were commenting on the game thread that they were nervous even with a 27 point lead. You just KNEW those shots that Minnesota was taking were going in, because we have seen it so many times before. You just KNEW we were going to lose this historic game, and crush all of our hopes for another year… but this time we held on. With all the other things going on in the world, I chose to be glass half full on this one. It’s not over til it’s over, and as the great Farmer Fran said, “we live to play another day.” I’m going to enjoy this season til the end. Either we can celebrate making the Dance together, or we can all commiserate and wait til next year. Good thing Falzone didn’t play last night for Minnesota 

Eh.  The @ Wisconsin collapse, as excited as I was in the first half, i knew no lead was safe and somehow I was watching an epic collapse.  Even with Minnesota going buck wild the last 8 mins, I actually believed we would hold on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

XJ is so much better than Green, it's not even funny.  Fist, XJ is a true point guard who actually gets assists.  XJ is a much better defender.  And, as erratic as his shot selection can be at times, it's still more selective than Green's.  Truthfully, green's reputation was built on 3-4 games where he went bonkers.  But, if memory serves me right, we lost most of those games.

On target XJ wins IU ballgames.  On target Devonte was a bright spot on an otherwise dark night most of the time.  

If XJ comes back, he's a candidate for All Big Ten next season.  

I wouldn’t rule him out for honorable mention all league this year, especially if these last two games are similar to the previous two. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I wish i could be IUScott so I could always be right and live on a high horse.  To never be wrong.  To have the most important and perfect opinion of anything.  Man, i know what i am asking Santa from Christmas this year!

i often wish i was always right as well.  there are about 4 lucky guys who post on this forum.  i must admit i am jealous.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i often wish i was always right as well.  there are about 4 lucky guys who post on this forum.  i must admit i am jealous.  

You shouldn't be.  It's actually a very difficult burden to bear.  Growing up, all I ever wanted was to be like the 'normal' kids. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I wish i could be IUScott so I could always be right and live on a high horse.  To never be wrong.  To have the most important and perfect opinion of anything.  Man, i know what i am asking Santa from Christmas this year!

There is another that lives on his own high horse and never been wrong and you only have to go up a couple post before yours to see. 1 let's his thoughts be known and does not change those thoughts regardless and the other is a condescending "woke" fill in _________________with what ever noun you like.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is another that lives on his own high horse and never been wrong and you only have to go up a couple post before yours to see. 1 let's his thoughts be known and does not change those thoughts regardless and the other is a condescending "woke" fill in _________________with what ever noun you like.

Whew... I thought you were talking about me until you got to the "woke" part... I am almost always asleep. 😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ArizonaHoosier said:

Whew... I thought you were talking about me until you got to the "woke" part... I am almost always asleep. 😁

I just don't like when people try to use their intelligence to look down upon other and judge. Very hypocritical coming from a person that seems to point out anytime someone says something that coukd be considered offensive 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just don't like when people try to use their intelligence to look down upon other and judge. Very hypocritical coming from a person that seems to point out anytime someone says something that coukd be considered offensive 

I don't like offensive people.....they make me sad. 😌

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

well i know you're not talking about me because you used the word intelligent and well, i am not that intelligent

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think i might have asked you before but are you close to Dyar Iowa!  We plan on going to see The Field of Dreams this summer

That trip has been on my bucket list for years.  I've put it off and now my son is graduating high school this year.  I need to get that done before he has a life of his own.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That trip has been on my bucket list for years.  I've put it off and now my son is graduating high school this year.  I need to get that done before he has a life of his own.  

Being Reds fans if there is a season this year would be perfect. It stinks that school will be back in session. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I need to go there this year.  I wish i had gone before they screwed it all up and built that new stadium there

• Like 1