Rutgers pre game -Senior Night

Hoosierfan1901

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yes.Β  We did.Β  I'm hoping the new coaching staff can help overcome whatever failed us that time.Β Β 

No idea if we'll win, make the tournament, etc., but one thing I can say about this team is that I can't think of a game we lost simply because we didn't play hard or come ready to play.Β 

Lack of passion and energy were a consistent issue under Archie, I can't say the same this year.Β 

• Like 7

Just now, BGleas said:

No idea if we'll win, make the tournament, etc., but one thing I can say about this team is that I can't think of a game we lost simply because we didn't play hard or come ready to play.Β 

Lack of passion and energy were a consistent issue under Archie, I can't say the same this year.Β 

So something along the lines of thank you Coach Miller for getting fired so I had at least one year of playing for a real Coach

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

So something along the lines of thank you Coach Miller for getting fired so I had at least one year of playing for a real Coach

"I would also like to thank CAM for allowing me to see how awful it is to lose for 3 years, and that I don't want to be a part of losing organizations moving forward"Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have no idea how this game will play out. They have lost 3 in a row, we are on a 2-game winning streak. One would think that Sr. Night plus the tournament implications would be huge motivation for a team but then I remember the 2013 Sr. Night game where we $#@_ the bed against OSU and had that cringy banner hanging afterwards.

Will all of this focus the team to dominate and win or will they crumble under the pressure? Hoping for the former but concerned about the later.

Let's get over the hump Hoosiers!!!

21 minutes ago, KDB said:

We haven’t been good against Rutgers recently. That’s my concern.Β 

We should never lose to Rutgers at home though. Our guys know how important this game is.

Last year with a lot of the same cast and crew on both sides we lost to them by 4 at home, 11 at the RAC, and 11 in the BTT...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Will their be Sr night speeches and if so, any idea of by whom?

Wondering the same.Β  Got a gut feeling we will get one from Race.Β  Hope not, but I think we will.Β  X and Kopp?Β  Maybe less likely?Β  I think Rob comes back.

Edited by 5fouls

I hope Race comes back. The team just needs to play loose, move the ball, and take the open shot. They play so much better when it's not a one man game. Although I am not a huge fan of never changing the starting lineup, when Kopp and Stewart make shots we normally win. Woody needs to call plays early for both to get them going. The place better be rocking.Β 

• Like 3