Rutgers pre game -Senior Night

Hoosierfan1901

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Wondering the same.  Got a gut feeling we will get one from Race.  Hope not, but I think we will.  X and Kopp?  Maybe less likely?  I think Rob comes back.

I’m thinking a high % for Kopp and RP (kid has taken a beating in his career) making speeches.  50/50 on RT and PS. Only 25% on XJ.  I would only be extremely disappointed about one of those first four leaving. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

No idea if we'll win, make the tournament, etc., but one thing I can say about this team is that I can't think of a game we lost simply because we didn't play hard or come ready to play. 

Lack of passion and energy were a consistent issue under Archie, I can't say the same this year. 

The only game that might qualify of not playing hard and certainly we didn't come ready to play in my mind is Michigan. That's really the only one where we got blown out.

But you're right. As a whole, we've played much harder this season than the past 3-4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m thinking a high % for Kopp and RP (kid has taken a beating in his career) making speeches.  50/50 on RT and PS. Only 25% on XJ.  I would only be extremely disappointed about one of those first four leaving. 

I think RP may feel he still has something to prove.  He's not going to go pro in any form, so why not take advantage of the opportunity.  I do agree that I think XJ is likely to come back.

Not related to your post, but some of the others.  TJD is not a senior, and thus should not give a speech.  I don't think guys like Oladipo gave one, did they?  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Per CMW on his coach’s show tonight, there will be 2 Seniors giving speeches after the Rutgers game 

Plot thickens.  

Im going to guess Parker Stewart is ready to turn the page in life.  He may fair well in a not to eastern Euro style were he can just launch threes and they call all the hand checking that the B1G doesn't.  

However, it will be interesting, with our own Mo Creek having his scary ordeal in Ukraine, playing at IU getting a grad degree and swimming in coeds with an NIL sounds like a pretty sweet gig to ride out til I can't.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Guys, we have a great source of this type of information in this pinned thread on this board.  Based on this info, the 2 speeches will be coming from the following pool of 6 players Race, Rob, Kopp, Stewart, XJ, and Durr.

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/8869-hoosier-knowledgebase/

I personally think Race and Rob are the obvious two who will go through it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

TJD shouldn't be one since he is not a senior

I am definitely aware that he is only a junior. I said I wouldn't be surprised if he went through the ceremony because it has become fairly common over the years for star players who are juniors to go through senior day when they know they are going to turn to professional basketball...Duke started doing that in the early 2000s with players like Jayson Williams...

sounds like it is a moot point now because only two are giving speeches. It would seem most likely that it is the guys who have been at IU their whole career. If it is Race and Rob I would love to see the crowd chant for them to come back for one more year...They have been through a lot and deserve to be appreciated for their selfless play and willingness to rehab through several different injuries in their careers...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Actually, technically.... TJD is probably a SR. 

You're speaking academically, I assume?  

Regardless, IU has never done what other schools have and had players with less than 4 years athletically in the book give senior speeches.  Could that change?  Sure.  New coaching staff and administration.  

I'm sticking with my belief that Rob does not give one and wants to come back.   If it does end up being Race and Rob, they will not be the only 2 of the 6 who arent back next year.  

Maybe the opportunity to speak was not given to the single year transfers.  I hope that is not the case.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

You're speaking academically, I assume?  

Regardless, IU has never done what other schools have and had players with less than 4 years athletically in the book give senior speeches.  Could that change?  Sure.  New coaching staff and administration.  

I'm sticking with my belief that Rob does not give one and wants to come back.   If it does end up being Race and Rob, they will not be the only 2 of the 6 who arent back next year.  

Maybe the opportunity to speak was not given to the single year transfers.  I hope that is not the case.

Yeah, I have no clue. Just saying some are saying TJD isn't a SR.... I am fairly certain he is academically. I think if he asked to give a speech he should be granted that honor, assuming he was going to graduate in May.