Rutgers pre game -Senior Night

Hoosierfan1901

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He has a nice stroke on his shot. Big's typically take awhile to mature and grow into their game. I thought once Durr was signed he was an immediate redshirt candidate from the start. Playing behind TJD, Race, Durr, and Geronimo just wasn't going to leave anything but mop up minutes for him.

I haven't come across a definitive answer as to whether he is still eligible for a redshirt, but if he isn't, the issue is he isn't even getting the mop-up minutes. He's played a total of 6 minutes in conference play. If he is in line to be a regular contributor next year, it seems like you have to find a way to get him some time, somehow. When Durr was suspended, Duncomb still didn't see action. It sure seemed to me that coach had some lingering issues with Durr, still no Duncomb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I haven't come across a definitive answer as to whether he is still eligible for a redshirt, but if he isn't, the issue is he isn't even getting the mop-up minutes. He's played a total of 6 minutes in conference play. If he is in line to be a regular contributor next year, it seems like you have to find a way to get him some time, somehow. When Durr was suspended, Duncomb still didn't see action. It sure seemed to me that coach had some lingering issues with Durr, still no Duncomb.

He is not eligible for RS this season. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I kind of have a bad feeling about tonight. I hope I’m wrong. It just seems like one of those “we have to have it” games where we usually pee down our leg. Change my perception tonight, Hoosiers. 

So was Sunday. So was last TH. 

26 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Well he has been plagued by nagging injuries as well all season....I'm honestly not worried. He will have a big role next year with Trayce gone.

23 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I kind of have a bad feeling about tonight. I hope I’m wrong. It just seems like one of those “we have to have it” games where we usually pee down our leg. Change my perception tonight, Hoosiers. 

It's forgivable....Rutgers has owned us past 4 years or whatever. Also we've been in this situation before for a few years...specifically remembering the Ohio St game a couple years back and a couple others...we just came out flat with no energy and seemingly with nothing to play for when we had everything on the line. I don't think our staff lets that happen. I don't know if we win...but the energy and effort will be there imo.

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I'm not sure they are right now.  But there's got to be a reason he's not making it to the floor.  I don't believe he fits Woodson's vision for what he sees as IU's future.  I hope I'm wrong.  Does he still qualify for a redshirt?  I'd be happy with that.  Obviously, he hasn't impressed the coaching staff to the point of getting playing time.

For years freshman came along slowly unless the were like IT so why are fans not willing to let freshman progress slowly.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For years freshman came along slowly unless the were like IT so why are fans not willing to let freshman progress slowly.

I suppose I was expecting more from him, Scott.  I don't want him to leave, but many incoming freshmen nowadays expect to play.  Being from a successful big HS program, I could easily see him falling into that category.  

Edited by jv1972iu

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The exception is the big man factory at WI. Bigs barely play, or are limited role players, until they are juniors, then become All B1G candidates.

Mich St and Purdue have done it plenty, as well.  WI didn't patent that. 

Duncomb is sitting behind a guy who has played every single game and is averaging 32 MPG. Neither he, nor Duncomb, can play anything other than the 5. Durr also cannot play anything other than the 5 and he is simply a more physically mature guy at this point that has given us good minutes. Durr averages 7.5 minutes per game and has only missed the four game.

We also average playing Geronimo and Race over 40 MPG combined, which means one of them is stealing a small amount of the available 5 minutes as well.

There simply haven't really been minutes available for Duncomb. I think until we have reason to think it's more than that, that's probably the most likely scenario. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Nah, IU has had quite the list of guys that were major contributors as frosh that weren't named Isiah Thomas.

Few fun facts as we get closer to game time. I don't put $ down but I believe in their numbers.

Rutgers is 1-7-1 ATS over last 9 games vs teams that have a .600 or over record at home. IU at home is 6-1 ATS vs teams with a losing road record. The 4 slowest teams in the Big 10 are Purdue, Minnesota, Penn St, and Ohio St and we are 5-2 vs them. 

I think my paranoia over the last few years has caused me some cynicism that I normally don't carry.

I'm thinking IU 74 Rutgers 59 and we secure our tourney bid tonight no matter what happens on Saturday or next week.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Few fun facts as we get closer to game time. I don't put $ down but I believe in their numbers.

Rutgers is 1-7-1 ATS over last 9 games vs teams that have a .600 or over record at home. IU at home is 6-1 ATS vs teams with a losing road record. The 4 slowest teams in the Big 10 are Purdue, Minnesota, Penn St, and Ohio St and we are 5-2 vs them. 

I think my paranoia over the last few years has caused me some cynicism that I normally don't carry.

I'm thinking IU 74 Rutgers 59 and we secure our tourney bid tonight no matter what happens on Saturday or next week.

And Logan Duncomb, unlike former 6'11" IU freshman Derek Holcomb, announces he's staying at IU rather than transferring!  😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Critical to contain Mulcahey. When he’s a major factor they win

Glad you brought him up. He's the guy that always makes me nervous and I have no clue why. Seems like he's the random that goes 8-11 with 5 from deep and were going where did that 20+ night come from?

They don't have depth. Get them in foul trouble and please Xavier....don't buy into their talk early on.