Rutgers pre game -Senior Night

Hoosierfan1901

9 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I'm just throwing this out there.....Collin Hartman gave a speech but still came back. The speeches aren't necessarily a lock that they are leaving. However, these 2 are probably gone, yes. 

Any word as to what they’ll do next?

We shouldn't be asking all of our players back next year, regardless of which ones decide they want to move on. If the players want paid because the lack of NIL was SO unfair, then this whole thing should be treated much more like a business. Coaches should be able to do what they wish with their roster. JMHO 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I'm just throwing this out there.....Collin Hartman gave a speech but still came back. The speeches aren't necessarily a lock that they are leaving. However, these 2 are probably gone, yes. 

was really hoping to have Race back...maybe some people can make some NIL pitches to have him reconsider? (just hoping)

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I hope so.  Figure we need 3 to go to make room for the incoming recruits. Not sure what the scholarship limit will be but I guess this is what we will be discussing for the next couple months. 

I would certainly think Race is a guy that we would find a spot for if he wants to be back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I would certainly think Race is a guy that we would find a spot for if he wants to be back. 

Absolutely, but the talk of NIL making a difference is probably mute.  He can grad transfer to Minnesota and still take advantage of NIL.  Might even be the #1 NIL option for the Gophers.  They could get him and his dad to do something together.  

Edited by 5fouls

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Without question! Who do we currently have on the roster right now, including incoming freshmen, that can come close to beating Race out at his position?

NO ONE!

Race is a banger and is not afraid to mix it up with anyone. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Absolutely, but the talk of NIL making a difference is probably mute.  He can grad transfer to Minnesota and still take advantage of NIL.  Might even be the #1 NIL option for the Gophers.  They could get him and his dad to do something together.  

He'd be stupid to grad transfer. If he isn't playing at Indiana next season he should be starting his career path or playing overseas. 

Outside of just being a true Gopher fan, I don't see any sort of reason he'd want to play somewhere else. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I fear Race is going to get some pretty attractive offers. Hopefully Woody can convince him to stay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

He'd be stupid to grad transfer. If he isn't playing at Indiana next season he should be starting his career path or playing overseas. 

Outside of just being a true Gopher fan, I don't see any sort of reason he'd want to play somewhere else. 

Stupid is not the word I would have used.  I will never judge a player for wanting the opportunity to play for the team he grew up following.   Would he be better off financially starting a pro career?  Absolutely.  But, I doubt his family situation would suffer significantly if he put that off for a year. 

Counting his redshirt year, he's already given 5 to IU.  I would hold no ill will towards him at all if he chose to transfer back home.  Now, if he chose a different Big Ten school, yeah that would bother me a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Stupid is not the word I would have used.  I will never judge a player for wanting the opportunity to play for the team he grew up following.   Would he be better off financially starting a pro career?  Absolutely.  But, I doubt his family situation would suffer significantly if he put that off for a year. 

Counting his redshirt year, he's already given 5 to IU.  I would hold no ill will towards him at all if he chose to transfer back home.  Now, if he chose a different Big Ten school, yeah that would bother me a bit.

I won't have any ill will towards him at all either way. I don't think he owes us anything. I think it's absolutely a stupid decision to go play somewhere else, though, in college. 

Outside of just going to Duke and being their 6th man? 

"judge" is a word used entirely too loosely. I can have my opinion, but I also would never want RT to listen to me lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You think he would be more or less likely to come back if TJD leaves? 

More likely.  It makes him the primary inside scoring threat and opens the offense up.

I honestly think Race has a brighter future in the pros than Trayce does.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

More likely.  It makes him the primary inside scoring threat and opens the offense up.

I honestly think Race has a brighter future in the pros than Trayce does.  

That's reasonable. I certainly think from a team standpoint, we might be best off with just one of them back and playing more 4 out on offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

That's reasonable. I certainly think from a team standpoint, we might be best off with just one of them back and playing more 4 out on offense.

That or they simply both don't start, which probably isn't going to happen. I agree with you. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  The two most likely candidates.  Definitely appears that Rob has thoughts of coming back, which makes me happy.  

Would be nice if we could avoid losing both Race and TJD next year.  If Trayce were to leave, Race would be a nice guy to still have in there.

• Like 1