3/1 Miami (OH) H

btownqb

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

2K in attendance! 

1st day for beer helped, but we'll take it!

Whatever people think of alcohol at games or not isn't my business....but I know it will help attendance. In the last day or two buddies have been trying to map out a few games later in the spring and one common thread is go watch a game, have some beers and head out for a night in Bloomington, 

By the way....can @btownqb or anyone explain why the 1 game only part of our schedule this year i.e. we travel to Illinois St for 1 and they come back for 1 asd well? Same with Indiana St? Just seemed odd is all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Whatever people think of alcohol at games or not isn't my business....but I know it will help attendance. In the last day or two buddies have been trying to map out a few games later in the spring and one common thread is go watch a game, have some beers and head out for a night in Bloomington, 

By the way....can @btownqb or anyone explain why the 1 game only part of our schedule this year i.e. we travel to Illinois St for 1 and they come back for 1 asd well? Same with Indiana St? Just seemed odd is all.

Those are midweek games. 

So you will play 1 game per week (1 or 2 times a year you will play two mid week games).  Did I answer your question? They don't want the players out of class anymore than they already are... so a midweek game in a location that you can travel to in < 3 hours is very ideal. Plus ILL ST and IN ST are two actually pretty good programs. 

I hope I answered your question. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Those are midweek games. 

So you will play 1 game per week (1 or 2 times a year you will play two mid week games).  Did I answer your question? They don't want the players out of class anymore than they already are... so a midweek game in a location that you can travel to in < 3 hours is very ideal. Plus ILL ST and IN ST are two actually pretty good programs. 

I hope I answered your question. 

Thanks. Just seemed odd to me is all but that clears it up. My buddy (IU guy) is at corporate for State Farm in Illinois and he can't wait for the Hoosiers to come to town...says they also scheduled home games vs Iowa, Illinois, Purdue as well...so it must be for the same reason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Btw... very cool by your friends. I do think it's going to be a difference maker. 2K for March 1st in Indiana....that is kind of crazy.  Very good sign imo. Hopefully the product on the field proves enough this year and then the next 3 years we should be set up for good teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Btw... very cool by your friends. I do think it's going to be a difference maker. 2K for March 1st in Indiana....that is kind of crazy.  Very good sign imo. Hopefully the product on the field proves enough this year and then the next 3 years we should be set up for good teams. 

Works perfect. I think there are 3-4 weekend series where we can head down Friday afternoon, watch game, support the program and have some fun later that night. Win win. Can't wait to get back to the Bart. When I started at IU (Fall of (91) I was blown away at the facilities....literally a chain link fence separated the fans/players. 

IU and Bart have invested in facilities, coaches,etc....only right for us to reciprocate. Just wish we had Colson for one year....but from what you've said on here that this year could be bumpy because of youth but ready to roll again after that. 

• Like 1