Coaching Change

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Prop 48 was for kids that couldn't meet the NCAA's minimum requirements to be eligible/cleared coming into college. That's different then a school like Norte Dame lowering their entrance requirements to allow a football player admission to the school. 

Notre Dame refuses to lower academic standards. That's one of the reasons why Kelly left. He couldn't get the SEC low academic athletes. 

But they got really good leadership from the top down and rebuilt a great program.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 1:10 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Have some faith. Woody has 6-8 years. Dane Fife will take over. He may have born in Michigan(gross)  but will always be a hoosier to me. 

You really dont think Woody is really going to be herefor 8 years....?

13 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

And that all American turns the ball over at the end of games and missed wide open point blank shot that would’ve given us the lead. That all American misses more layups than any all American I’ve ever seen. The coaches can only do so much when kopp goes 1-6 and Stewart goes 2-7 from 3. Stewart was wide open on those 3s and missed. Coaches don’t make shots. You hold the coaches accountable but do you hold players accountable? 

Dakich plays this silly "IU is dumb"....then "I love IU"..... game every single day. With "fans" like DD, we dont need any enemies although most of what he says is true. The poor play cannot always be laid at the feet of the players... If Woody was "the right hire" then we are a number of years away from truly competitive basketball

Just now, BobT said:

Dakich plays this silly "IU is dumb"....then "I love IU"..... game every single day. With "fans" like DD, we dont need any enemies although most of what he says is true. The poor play cannot always be laid at the feet of the players... If Woody was "the right hire" then we are a number of years away from truly competitive basketball

we had a nucleus of a potentially good team.. Lots of teams didnt have the returning players that we did. I dont see any real improvement with any of the current crop

13 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

But that has changed. Miles Brand is gone. President McRobbie, whose decisions to downplay sports have certainly hurt us, is gone. 

But you act like Glass and Dolson don't want IU to succeed. They've put an emphasis on getting IU's luster back. It'll happen.

Kentucky also had/has a better GSR than IU, espicially during the Crean and Miller years so we dont need to be pumping our chests about academics .

30 minutes ago, BobT said:

we had a nucleus of a potentially good team.. Lots of teams didnt have the returning players that we did. I dont see any real improvement with any of the current crop

You haven't seen improvement by Race from last year, when healthy I think Trey has improved.

1 hour ago, BobT said:

Rob P was starting to play some good ball prior to this most recent injury.  Race is playing better this year.  TJD is the same as last year.  Those three are all upperclassmen and should be performing at a better clip.  This team is older than the average college teams out there.  One concern for me, Tamar Bates has regressed since watching him in the Bahama trip.  

On 3/5/2022 at 1:42 PM, BDB said:

Rob P was starting to play some good ball prior to this most recent injury.  Race is playing better this year.  TJD is the same as last year.  Those three are all upperclassmen and should be performing at a better clip.  This team is older than the average college teams out there.  One concern for me, Tamar Bates has regressed since watching him in the Bahama trip.  

Completely disagree that TJD is the same player as last year...

Offensively he has improved with a consistent counter move, better passing, and better screeing

Defensively he was much better around the rim, and a bit better guarding the post. He still struggles on the pick and roll defense, but even that has improved.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Completely disagree that TJD is the same player as last year...

Offensively he has improved with a consistent counter move, better passing, and better screeing

Defensively he was much better around the rim, and a bit better guarding the post. He still struggles on the pick and roll defense, but even that has improved.

Excellent post. He's going to be All League Defense. 

Up 3.5% on 2pt FG%, 2bpg compared to 1.1, and A/T ratio is positive compared to negative last season.  

He is the #1 defensive rated player in the B1G and #10 offensive. He is the only player in the top 10 in both. 

• Like 2