Rutgers Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Slightly OT, even though masks are required at IU indoor sporting events until3/4, the ushers aren’t even fooling with holding up the “masks are required signs at timeouts.  

More than half the crowd haven't had one on all year. The games I went to no one around me had one on, including me.

Here's the thing that concerns me most about a close home win against Rutgers.  If we face them in the 8/9 game, and they win on the neutral court, it gives them a leg up in the head to head comparison.  We need to curb stomp them tonight to take a little sting off that scenario.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

IU is 15 points better than this team. 3 crap 3's keeping them in the game. With that said. Pedal down. Pound it down to TJD and Race. They don't have an answer. 

Not sure of 15 pts. BUT we have the the better team!  Thats why the game is played!  Time for IU to win in the game we need to to get in!  We are a better TEAM than at least 3 teams ahead of us in the Big10! Tonight is a key culture change WIN and you play NCCA lose go home! And continue the LOOK! We are turning the CORNER TONIGHT!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

It's not about playing scared.  It's about winning the game.  If we're having success in the paint, we need to stick with it.  

Yeah, I agree that is absolutely the 1st option. But at some point we are going to have to knock down a few open threes. We can not shy away from them when they are good shots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Yeah, I agree that is absolutely the 1st option. But at some point we are going to have to knock down a few open threes. We can not shy away from them when they are good shots.

Right.  I bet we could go 4-11 in the 2nd.