Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We could sell half-game tickets.  Clear the arena at halftime and let a new group come in.  

Honestly, Indiana could absolutely do that. Most fans would pay for two tickets to watch both halves of Indiana play Purdue. 

Very few schools have that ability. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Honestly, Indiana could absolutely do that. Most fans would pay for two tickets to watch both halves of Indiana play Purdue. 

Very few schools have that ability. 

Psshh.. those suckas aren't hitting me with a service fee twice! 

I'll watch the 2nd half at The Upstairs. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember there was a recruiting class back then with Rob Turner, and Monti Mancini? Both of them never played for IU and thought Hodgson was in that class as well.

Don't recall a Mancini but Turner played for us.  But the time frame sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

he’s right in the way that there are players/people that go through the motions and then there are people that have the champion pedigree and work their tail off.

Is Dakich one of those?

He's a guy that had one shining moment for IU which is really more myth than reality...he scored a whole 357 points in his 4 years as a player...I don't think he has any room to criticize the players on our current team...

I use to give Dakich a pass because he did the right thing with the team when Samson got canned, but the public display of his being an ass lately has eroded those thoughts down to nothing...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Is Dakich one of those?

He's a guy that had one shining moment for IU which is really more myth than reality...he scored a whole 357 points in his 4 years as a player...I don't think he has any room to criticize the players on our current team...

I use to give Dakich a pass because he did the right thing with the team when Samson got canned, but the public display of his being an ass lately has eroded those thoughts down to nothing...

I’m not a Dakich fan or anything. I just feel like he is currently saying things that are correct.

Even if you don’t like someone doesn’t mean they are never correct.

No matter how anyone feels, sunshine pump or otherwise, there aren’t any quick answers or fixes to this mess other than extremely talented players coming in. See Yogi, Oladipo etc in the Crean era. Anyone could be a top flight coach with that talent.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You are thinking of the Turner from JC that came in with William Gladness.  I was wrong the guy I was thinking of was Rob Foster a PG from California.

Rob Foster and Steve Hart called themselves razzle and dazzle.  They got yanked in a exhibition game when Foster threw it off the backboard for Hart. It was a spectacular play but Coach Knight didn’t think so.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I’m not a Dakich fan or anything. I just feel like he is currently saying things that are correct.

Even if you don’t like someone doesn’t mean they are never correct.

No matter how anyone feels, sunshine pump or otherwise, there aren’t any quick answers or fixes to this mess other than extremely talented players coming in. See Yogi, Oladipo etc in the Crean era. Anyone could be a top flight coach with that talent.

It's not what he's saying, it's the disrespectful way he's saying it...he can bring valid criticism of the players and coaches any time he wants, and I would probably agree with some of it...

But the arm flinging tirade saying this is the worst exhibition of coaching he's ever seen at IU (and that's exactly what he said) simply isn't true, and he knows it...

He wants to see really crappy coaching, he should break out tapes of his Bowling Green teams (yes that's hyperbole...but it's as true as the BS he's been spouting)...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Sad, program in a shambles!Maybe just shut it down completely.

No but the problem may be more the fans/alumni/boosters etc. at this point. The administration has certainly been terrible as well.

However, they are told that they must hire a magical unicorn coach who is as pure as the driven snow, farts glitter, spotless on and off the court AND is as good of an X's and O's coach as Knight in his prime. 

He doesn't exist. Stevens was the closest but the Celtics decided that they wanted to marry him.

Sampson is a great coach. I guess his players go to class now? What is it about indiana that players go there and just stink it up for spotless coaches, and flunk out for coaches who aren't spotless?

Edited by Sea Turtle
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Inequality said:

To be honest I’ve never gave this guy a second of thought. Lately though, and now having an IU guy on the bench I’ve wondered how he currently felt about the programs direction. I have to say, he’s not wrong in some of his latest shows. I can’t help but laugh and for the most part agree with his assessment. If your prone to hurt feelings then either loosen your belt and relax or don’t click the link. To me he’s just being real and not sugar coating but I realize to some he might come off as an absurd lunatic.

Ok, I’ll play. I watched the whole thing. A few notes:

- For those that don’t know, a vlog is simply a video blog. Real complicated stuff here. The idea that vlogs, social media, mothers posting on Twitter, and the other things he is ranting about are the problem at IU is just dumb. They have all of those things at Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue, Duke, Kentucky, and so forth. Got a real “old man yelling at cloud” thing going here, which is kind of comical since this actual video is kind of a vlog of sorts, and I’m pretty sure this guy’s pretty active on Twitter, too, yelling at “slaps” and so forth. 

- Naturally, here comes the RMK stuff. Someone should remind Dan that Larry Bird walked home from IU in the middle of the night. The point? There’s more than one way to succeed in this game, and the heralded RMK way doesn’t always work. I could go into the whole point that mental and physical abuse simply isn’t tolerated these days, but it was clear at the end of RMK’s time that it wasn’t going to be tolerated then, either. The world has changed. Either understand that and adjust, or get left behind. 

- I haven’t the slightest idea what his problem with CMW is at the end. CMW talks in the third person? That’s it?

It’s just kind of embarrassing to watch someone who can’t mentally get out of the 80s, and who makes out of touch “points” in such a childish manner over and over and over again. But, hey, he threw in some cussin’ and acted all angry, so there’s that. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Wonder who Dan thinks that player is 

DD was saying Geronimo is the only player he’d keep and said Woody was too dumb to play him.  Anyone else, regardless of name, if they left, he’d say great.  Said there is no leadership or IQ on the floor.  I doubt he considers Galloway or Leal when saying this since Trey has been out and Leal hasn’t played.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

DD was saying Geronimo is the only player he’d keep and said Woody was too dumb to play him.  Anyone else, regardless of name, if they left, he’d say great.  Said there is no leadership or IQ on the floor.  I doubt he considers Galloway or Leal when saying this since Trey has been out and Leal hasn’t played.  

He said Trey is the only one who knows how to play the game.

8 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

What is it about indiana that players go there and just stink it up for spotless coaches, and flunk out for coaches who aren't spotless?

Don't know how to answer this, except every recruit is a future All American in IU fans ideas, including me.  The truth is, this roster has one maybe two kids that were top recruits over a few years span.  I'm not talking about the last move up 50 spot ranking rivials does after kids decide where they are going.  

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Rob Foster and Steve Hart called themselves razzle and dazzle.  They got yanked in a exhibition game when Foster threw it off the backboard for Hart. It was a spectacular play but Coach Knight didn’t think so.  😂

They showed that dunk in the IDS, I cut it out and had it on my bulletin board above my desk. So much hype for those 2.

• Like 1