Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, IU Scott said:

I thought Harper should got a T for taunting after his 3 pointer. Rutgers has a few punchable players on their team.  It is time for us to stop letting teams  come in AH and win then taunt the crowd.

I am so tired of having late leads and blowing them in the last 3 minutes.  We ran good plays and got wide open looks but just couldn't hit wide open 3's.  TJD should look at himself because he is to easy to guard and can be taken out of games late.  He just hasn't expanded his game to where you have to be ready for different moves from him 

It’s just how it is today.  He hit the big shot.  Kids should be able to have fun. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I thought Harper should got a T for taunting after his 3 pointer. Rutgers has a few punchable players on their team.  It is time for us to stop letting teams  come in AH and win then taunt the crowd.

I am so tired of having late leads and blowing them in the last 3 minutes.  We ran good plays and got wide open looks but just couldn't hit wide open 3's.  TJD should look at himself because he is to easy to guard and can be taken out of games late.  He just hasn't expanded his game to where you have to be ready for different moves from him 

I am not going to blame the guy that scored 19.  How many wide open looks did he get for guys by sucking in the defense or setting screens where our guards could not throw it in the ocean.  Some of these guys have been in the program for years knowing that we need consistent 3 point shooting and still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

The guards lost the game, not Davis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We ran good plays and got wide open looks but just couldn't hit wide open 3's.

Agree. I Feel like the coaching staff did everything they could to win this game but our players just couldn't hit shots. They continually drew up plays that created open shots and they didn't hit. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What game did you watch because I saw plenty plays that got our shooters wide open looks 

Sometimes you are open for a reason. Woodson against that zone tonight was pathetic.  The only time we got the ball at the high post we scored.  Not sure we scored much more against it.  Rutgers should’ve never got out of it honestly. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Here's my comment. Getting tired of losing. Getting tired of not playing in the tournament. Getting tired of guys making the same dumb a-- play year after year after year.....

See you guys/ladies next week. Purdue will smoke this team after a tough loss by 20. PS Coach Woodson.....don't keep Parker Stewart in the game if he can't do more than 15%

• Like 2

I don't know. They played exactly as one guru recently suggested they should- perimeter dominant to the tune of 6 for 21 from three I believe. And TJD played great... as long as you forget he only had two rebounds in the second half. What more do you want was the insight they provided.

Anyway, another failed opportunity while playing with a lead. On to Purdue. It's  set up for an epic season saving win or a complete wipeout.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 1

I’m actually taking it quite well. I mean, it’s been in front of me for 5 years. The other guys hit pressure shots, and IU doesn’t. Every. Single. Time. 
Anyone doubt that Rutgers was going to hit the pressure free throws?

Anyone doubt Harper was going to hit?
Watshot, and the Yogi 3 at Iowa to clinch the B1G are the only( meaningful) clutch shots I can remember in the last 10 years. I may have missed some I guess. 

I have watched a lot of basketball in 48 years, and I think there is some kind of psychological issue when someone comes to IU. Maybe we put too much pressure on them to bring the program back to prominence. I have never seen a team miss shots over and over and over, while the other guys hit the Big one time and time and time again. And it always happens in the same games. Woodson, Fife, Matta, Dolson: please find some guys who can shoot

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am not going to blame the guy that scored 19.  How many wide open looks did he get for guys by sucking in the defense or setting screens where our guards could not throw it in the ocean.  Some of these guys have been in the program for years knowing that we need consistent 3 point shooting and still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

The guards lost the game, not Davis.

He only had 8 points in the last 30 minutes

• Like 2