Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You know what sucks.  Being on a team Zoom call at work that, after business is taken care of, evolves into a discussion on sports streaming options.  At that point, the Rutgers fan on your team brings up last nights game.  His comment is then followed by someone else (not a Rutgers fan) mentioning that's five in a row for Rutgers over Indiana.  Not to be outdone, someone else has to bring up what the game does to the tournament hopes of both teams.

Yep.  That sucks, and I just lived it 15 minutes ago.

You're lying...there's no such thing as a Rutgers fan......:coffee:

16 hours ago, Inequality said:

Your listed timeline sounds about right. I’m not sure of your point though. If you speaking of the overall downhill slide of the program then yes I agree that it’s all on the administration from the beginning. I think that’s what you are saying?

The time to repair or build has been beaten to it’s death. I’m not of the Woodson can’t get it done eventually camp. However, I am of the IU stomped on their own foot by not hiring Pitino when he came calling as Mike Davis was interim. The narrative of no one of any significance wants to come to IU is complete hogwash. 

This situation is interesting in a way because of Woodsons NBA experience and how he translates that experience and knowledge to the college game and amateur players.

Back to Dakich, he’s very raw and over the top in his assessment but I get it. I feel for the players as young people but he’s right in the way that there are players/people that go through the motions and then there are people that have the champion pedigree and work their tail off. That’s what I take from his rant.

I will never understand how anyone can pine for Pitino, except by placing winning above all else.  That dude knocks up broads in restaurants and pays for abortions to keep it quiet.  He hires prostitutes for recruiting visits, he's the only coach to have a National Championship banner taken down...why would anyone wish that on their university? 

22 hours ago, Inequality said:

To be honest I’ve never gave this guy a second of thought. Lately though, and now having an IU guy on the bench I’ve wondered how he currently felt about the programs direction. I have to say, he’s not wrong in some of his latest shows. I can’t help but laugh and for the most part agree with his assessment. If your prone to hurt feelings then either loosen your belt and relax or don’t click the link. To me he’s just being real and not sugar coating but I realize to some he might come off as an absurd lunatic.

He's not wrong. I don't know what you do. The program is just dead and isn't coming back any time soon. 

Our last two hires by two different AD's were just brutal. 6 years without going to the tourney. That's just staggering and frankly, almost impossible to do for a B1G team.

4 hours ago, Muddy River said:

I will never understand how anyone can pine for Pitino, except by placing winning above all else.  That dude knocks up broads in restaurants and pays for abortions to keep it quiet.  He hires prostitutes for recruiting visits, he's the only coach to have a National Championship banner taken down...why would anyone wish that on their university? 

Yeah I don’t know what he’s actually done or been convicted of or when. I’m talking 20 years ago anyway.

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Yeah I don’t know what he’s actually done or been convicted of or when. I’m talking 20 years ago anyway.

Well... he endorsed his program using underage hookers to convince basketball recruits to come to his school. I assume that's somethin we generally want to stay away from. 

44 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

He's not wrong. I don't know what you do. The program is just dead and isn't coming back any time soon. 

Our last two hires by two different AD's were just brutal. 6 years without going to the tourney. That's just staggering and frankly, almost impossible to do for a B1G team.

6 years w/ out an NCAA appearance and 24 years w/out a B1G tournament championship.  How about those #'s for supposed blue-blood.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well... he endorsed his program using underage hookers to convince basketball recruits to come to his school. I assume that's somethin we generally want to stay away from. 

I believe the hookers were of age, it was just underage recruits. Not that it really makes a huge difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

20 years later, and I'd still take IU's position today over Louisville's.  I don't think anyone can say Pitino ultimately had a positive impact on UofL.

• Like 2