@ Purdue Pre Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hate feeling hopeless before a game. I thought those days were past. I guess we’re not there yet. To be fair though, this is the first time I’ve felt this way this year. I had forgotten how much this feeling sucks. We are having Little Keet’s birthday party at 2:00 tomorrow. I guess I’ll be joining the recording the game and the checking the outcome before I watch crowd tomorrow. 

I don't feel hopeless at all.  Do I think we will win, probably not but I don't think it is out of the question that we can win.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get it. We have an uphill battle to make the tournament. Nobody is happy with where we’re sitting.

Just hope our guys are motivated and ready to make something happen, because there’s no other option.

I don’t care where the game is at. We’ve beat them once, we can do it again. 

A win tomorrow completely flips the direction of where our season is headed. Get it done.. and POTFB. 

• Like 4

We haven't made the tournament in 5 long seasons.

The sixth season is sitting on the brink, one game left before postseason play.

We have a chance to play our way back into the NCAA Tournament!

We have a chance to beat Purdue!

We have a chance to watch Porky the Pig over on Purdue's sidelines look hapless as we beat him on his floor!

We have a chance to shut up that stupid, worthless chant from their dumb students who couldn't get into IU!

We have a chance to FOREVER put a big fat stain on what is one of the best seasons in their sad programs pathetic history!

We have a chance to tell @Stlboiler23 for the next ~330 days that we swept their sorry team from that smelly cow town!

PISS ON THE BOILERS!

BEAT THE DAMN TOILETMAKERS!!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We haven't made the tournament in 5 long seasons.

The sixth season is sitting on the brink, one game left before postseason play.

We have a chance to play our way back into the NCAA Tournament!

We have a chance to beat Purdue!

We have a chance to watch Porky the Pig over on Purdue's sidelines look hapless as we beat him on his floor!

We have a chance to shut up that stupid, worthless chant from their dumb students who couldn't get into IU!

We have a chance to FOREVER put a big fat stain on what is one of the best seasons in their sad programs pathetic history!

We have a chance to tell @Stlboiler23 for the next ~330 days that we swept their sorry team from that smelly cow town!

PISS ON THE BOILERS!

BEAT THE DAMN TOILETMAKERS!!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Damn there’s a lot to unpack from this post lol. 

• Haha 1

Enjoy the game everyone! I'll probably be watching late tonight. My youngest has a volleyball tournament all day and them tonight is in a production at our high school (she's in 4th grade and the high school needed elementary school kids to be munchkins, so cute 🤣).

Anyways, a few thoughts on the game:

- If we go back to our post game, running the offense through TJD and Race, we will lose bad

- We need to run the high ball screen game with our 4 spread out in the corner. Put Edey and Williams in ball screens all day long. More like we did vs Maryland and Minny. I thought we went back to the post offense vs Rutgers. 

- Any word on Galloway? Would be great to have him to guard Ivey 

- Not rocket science, but need the best version of XJ

- Need to hit open 3's

- Did I mention, we cannot run the office through the post

• Like 4

So, I have a question maybe someone on here can answer? Something woods said in an interview, before the last PUstinks game. Woody said he had a conversation with Rob before the game and told him it was ok to be good again. Can anyone explain that to me? I mean who told him he wasn't supposed to be good? How did that statement motivate Rob ?  

4 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

So, I have a question maybe someone on here can answer? Something woods said in an interview, before the last PUstinks game. Woody said he had a conversation with Rob before the game and told him it was ok to be good again. Can anyone explain that to me? I mean who told him he wasn't supposed to be good? How did that statement motivate Rob ?  

This is a hilarious question. You think people told Rob he wasn’t supposed to be good and then Coach Woodson gave him permission to be good?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Not at all saying this is the reason.  Last Archie was quoted in numerous of interviews that they don't need offense from him, just defense.  He didn't want him looking for his shot.  This was a quote across the season.

10 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

This is a hilarious question. You think people told Rob he wasn’t supposed to be good and then Coach Woodson gave him permission to be good?

Why would that statement motivate any division one athlete? My statement to Rob would have been. You need to be good in every game. Why did he need permission? 

6 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Not at all saying this is the reason.  Last Archie was quoted in numerous of interviews that they don't need offense from him, just defense.  He didn't want him looking for his shot.  This was a quote across the season.

Thank for trying, but Woody had said all summer if our guys are open, I want them to shoot it. This statement was just way out in left field and the reporter never asked about it. Made my head explode when i heard it. Makes no sense. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Thank for trying, but Woody had said all summer if our guys are open, I want them to shoot it. This statement was just way out in left field and the reporter never asked about it. Made my head explode when i heard it. Makes no sense. 

I think you’re taking it a little too literally. My impression the first time I heard it was “I don’t care what’s happened in the past. This is a big game and I need to you step it up.” More of a heart to heart than anything and probably a motivator for him to go out and compete like he did.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Sometimes before you can have confidence in yourself, someone has to show confidence in you...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KDB said:

I get it. We have an uphill battle to make the tournament. Nobody is happy with where we’re sitting.

Just hope our guys are motivated and ready to make something happen, because there’s no other option.

I don’t care where the game is at. We’ve beat them once, we can do it again. 

A win tomorrow completely flips the direction of where our season is headed. Get it done.. and POTFB. 

While this is true…nothing in our recent history suggests we will win this game. Though the optimist will think, “law of averages says we have to win one of these games at some point, this has to be the game.” 

Hope springs eternal.