Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Obviously don’t want to see mom become a spectacle/distraction, but I hope that Armaan inherited some of that “fire in the belly “. We have been known, for too long, as having a bunch of “nice kids.” Would never want a thug wearing the candy stripes, but when is the last time we had a kid that other teams hated?

AGREED! I want a couple players that might not be the nicest guys in the world.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Im thinking we got the better of the two...Franklin/Newman 

I've watched him a few times this year. Very natural. Smooth flow to his game and really good shooter. I'm not saying he'll start but he'll be pushing for minutes right away next year. Seemed to me he's benefited from being an early commit. Got his verbal/signing done early and gave him confidence that is apparent on the court this year that wasn't there last year.

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He must have gotten lost from the Rivals board.  According to them the true fans are rooting for a loss today in order to speed up the firing process.

Wow that is absurd. I mean I kind of understand the thought after a decade with Crean during his last season. Not saying I agree/disagree with it. 

But we still have a legit shot to make the tourney this year with weapons if we get hot.

13 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Wow that is absurd. I mean I kind of understand the thought after a decade with Crean during his last season. Not saying I agree/disagree with it. 

But we still have a legit shot to make the tourney this year with weapons if we get hot.

Did you read what jojo said above?  He was saying that Archie/IU made a bad choice with Franklin.  Nothing to do with this year.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Did you read what jojo said above?  He was saying that Archie/IU made a bad choice with Franklin.  Nothing to do with this year.

I dont know if he meant Arch made a mistake with Franklin, or Franklin made a mistake with IU..  regardless its bs either way.  Just someone trying to get the board fired up...  personally,  I'm looking forward to seeing Franklin next year.  Kid plays both ends!

4 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Im thinking we got the better of the two...Franklin/Newman 

Question is did we get the better of Miller/Painter. All I know is Painter does a pretty good job developing his players and getting the most out of what he has. Yes that might be the S16 but they are consistent in fielding competitive teams. Question will be what we will get out of Franklin even if he is superior. Will Archie make good use of that talent...will the system we run be successful and will the kid grow and get better. Time will only tell. Archie is still a big question mark.

Archived