Armaan Franklin

2 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I don't think we will land any of these 3.  Most likely is Carton.  These 3 are going to the SEC.

Agreed!  The optimism on the site is a welcomed change from former times.  Also, Archie’s monster first year of recruiting would be tough for anyone to sustain.  My guess is we are not first with anyone at the moment except TJD.  I’ve never sensed Brooks is ours or will be, even with the Schilling/Dad relationship.

If we ended up with a 2019 class of Brandon Newman, Armaan Franklin and TJD I’d be thrilled.  

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I don't think we will land any of these 3.  Most likely is Carton.  These 3 are going to the SEC.

I agree that we don't land any of those 3. Most likely in that group would be Lewis if him and Watford came together. I don't think we're getting Watford either though.

Carton would be great as well and I agree with you that he's the most likely. We seem to be legit contenders for him.

I think if we do get TJD and KBJ then our guard to round out the class would probably be below 5*, but a class of 3 5* players would be incredible.

I have been thinking about this.  Most likely, in m,y opionion, we only get TJD out of the group, with Brooks and Watford going elsewhere.  But we will still be fine with that.  We still have Justin and Jerome.  Anyone else and it just makes it took crowded.  I would rather we get TJD and two guards, hopefully Carton and Newman.  That would be a solid class.

Love the approach of Archie. Didn't offer first or early. Keeping the mantra that an IU offer is gold. We'll see if we land him or not. But I like the approach/strategy by our staff. 

Edit-The only thing I don't like about this kid is his coach. After the Lyles situation....Delaney can take a hike. I don't care if that means we lose out on guys. That whole situation to this day pisses me off.

I’m happy for Armaan and if he’s been offered then it’s because he has the talent level to play at the heights that we’re shooting for and not just because he’s an Indiana kid. I wanted to take a wait and see approach with Archie’s plan for locking down the state and was interested to see if that would end being forced but as of now that is no longer a concern of mine so here’s to hoping he commits soon.

After watching the first (AAU) video posted, I thought "not impressed, pass, can't even dunk at 6'3?". After watching the second (HS) video posted, I thought this kid looks like an entirely different player and worthy of the consideration/offer. Decided to follow link to youtube to see when they were posted: 1st is 2016 and 2nd is 2018. Kid has really grown his game in two years. Looking forward to his senior year.

Franklin is ranked 107 on 247, while Newman is unranked (how?). Who does HSN prefer of the two?

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Noticed that too. I wonder if the IU offer has him rethinking things...

Actually Evan probably decided to read some unopened emails that have been sent to him a few weeks ago. Amazing to me this is their business and still not up to speed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived