Armaan Franklin

38 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Rabjohns posted about 15 minutes ago some information regarding Franklin, anyone have any info?

Talking about taking Four Official Visits to IU, Purdue, Xavier, and Clemson though he stated he might not take all four. Said he’d like to make a decision in August or September around there

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I like Purdue’s chances with him. Hopefully he commits at the football game on 08/30. 

Going to be interesting in regards to the position he wants to play. IU wants him at the point. Not sure how much Purdue is pushing the point guard spot to him.

15 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Isn't Newman a SG as well?  If that is the case and both Newman and Franklin are being recruited for SG at Purdue, it could be the first one to commit there would leave the door open for the other to choose IU possibly? 

IU wants to groom Franklin for PG. Newman is strictly SG. I don't think IU would hesitate to take both, assuming they are comfortable with Franklin at PG.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I like Purdue’s chances with him. Hopefully he commits at the football game on 08/30. 

Based off of his comments I’d be very surprised if y’all don’t get him! Both IU and Xavier he only mentioned coaching staff but with Purdue he talked about players and staff and used the word great which he also didn’t use in the other comments! IMO he would have to be blown away at his visits to not pick Purdue 

Just my gut feeling but I think PU makes more sense for Franklin. If I were him and if I'm neutral in my preference between IU and PU and just trying to make the best choice between the two, I would choose PU simply because Archie's been working very hard to bring in high 4-star PG (or even 5-star PG). Competition will be too tough for Franklin as we already have Phinissee and Durham for long term. Xavier just hired a new, unproven coach so it wouldn't be wise to go for Xavier. 

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

Just my gut feeling but I think PU makes more sense for Franklin. If I were him and if I'm neutral in my preference between IU and PU and just trying to make the best choice between the two, I would choose PU simply because Archie's been working very hard to bring in high 4-star PG (or even 5-star PG). Competition will be too tough for Franklin as we already have Phinissee and Durham for long term. Xavier just hired a new, unproven coach so it wouldn't be wise to go for Xavier. 

Competition would be too tough for Franklin at IU because of those two? Not sure I’d agree there. He’ll have Eric Hunter and Nojel Eastern in front of him at Purdue. I think this is ultimately a Purdue/Xavier battle right now but like Purdue’s chances right now. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Competition would be too tough for Franklin at IU because of those two? Not sure I’d agree there. He’ll have Eric Hunter and Nojel Eastern in front of him at Purdue. I think this is ultimately a Purdue/Xavier battle right now but like Purdue’s chances right now. 

Green would also be a senior when he comes and if we get Newman then that would be a loaded back court.

Archived