Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Because who the hell would want to go to Purdue over IU. 

Playing time maybe.

Other than that, honestly why?

Playing time, relationship with the coaches and/or other players/commits, playing style, education, etc... I think it’s silly to assume that Armaan would be yours if you were pushing hard like others have mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How are you so sure he’d be yours if you were pushing hard?

Because I’d guess if you were to look at the percentages. A recruiting battle where Indiana and Purdue are fully chasing after a kid IU usually wins out. Not all the time but I’d say IUs odds are much greater. I mean think about the recruiting battles over the last twenty-thirty  years. It’s just the way it is. A lot of the state kids Purdue gets are ones that IU didn’t ever recruit. There are obviously examples where that isn’t the case. But I’d love IU’s chances in a battle with Purdue if both were fully going after a kid. Sorry just kind of the way it is. Indiana hasn’t been a big player on the scene in awhile but they still have a lot better appeal when it comes to basketball.

59 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Because I’d guess if you were to look at the percentages. A recruiting battle where Indiana and Purdue are fully chasing after a kid IU usually wins out. Not all the time but I’d say IUs odds are much greater. I mean think about the recruiting battles over the last twenty-thirty  years. It’s just the way it is. A lot of the state kids Purdue gets are ones that IU didn’t ever recruit. There are obviously examples where that isn’t the case. But I’d love IU’s chances in a battle with Purdue if both were fully going after a kid. Sorry just kind of the way it is. Indiana hasn’t been a big player on the scene in awhile but they still have a lot better appeal when it comes to basketball.

100 percent correct!

3 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

What recent players have IU and PU both went all in on?

Newman is the only current recruit I can think of. 

They both wanted Anderson and Phinisee just last year.  And I don’t want to hear Purdue wasn’t seriously after them. The only reason Purdue stops recruiting kids that IU is recruiting is because they know they aren’t going to get them.  They would gladly take any kid that IU would have commit under Archie Miller. The same can’t be said for IU taking any player that Purdue would have commit. There’s just a difference there regardless of what Purdue fans think.

1 hour ago, bryan200088 said:

They both wanted Anderson and Phinisee just last year.  And I don’t want to hear Purdue wasn’t seriously after them. The only reason Purdue stops recruiting kids that IU is recruiting is because they know they aren’t going to get them.  They would gladly take any kid that IU would have commit under Archie Miller. The same can’t be said for IU taking any player that Purdue would have commit. There’s just a difference there regardless of what Purdue fans think.

I remember another poster who has a good reputation mentioning Painter having a strong reaction to Anderson committing. There are also rumors about another fairly recent IU player (Hartman) not getting a great reaction from Painter when he committed. 

1 hour ago, bryan200088 said:

Purdue was definitely after both of them hard no doubt. Even if Phinisee hadn’t picked IU, he wasn’t going to Purdue. I like your recruits but I really like Purdue’s too. 

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue was definitely after both of them hard no doubt. Even if Phinisee hadn’t picked IU, he wasn’t going to Purdue. I like your recruits but I really like Purdue’s too. 

Any reason that he wasn't going to PU?

3 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I remember another poster who has a good reputation mentioning Painter having a strong reaction to Anderson committing. There are also rumors about another fairly recent IU player (Hartman) not getting a great reaction from Painter when he committed. 

Yeah the Anderson commitment I think stung a little bit for Purdue. I remember something with Hartman but I can’t remember the story. It was a good one though I think.

16 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

Yeah the Anderson commitment I think stung a little bit for Purdue. I remember something with Hartman but I can’t remember the story. It was a good one though I think.

I don't have any type on inside info. I heard he called to tell Painter he'd committed and Painter basically just went off on him and his mom. 

18 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I don't have any type on inside info. I heard he called to tell Painter he'd committed and Painter basically just went off on him and his mom. 

Yep that’s what I remember hearing too. Not sure why he freaked out so much to be honest. Hartman was a decent prospect but not one that made sense for him getting so upset over like a Tyler Zeller for example. 

Yep that’s what I remember hearing too. Not sure why he freaked out so much to be honest. Hartman was a decent prospect but not one that made sense for him getting so upset over like a Tyler Zeller for example. 

Probably put a lot of work in on him and maybe there was some kind of understanding. Not a commitment but talking as if he'd be playing for him.

2 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Didn't know. Thanks for sharing. My guess is Painter was pissed that Archie closed him in 90 days on campus compared to 10+ years for Painter. 

Funny thing about Hartman. I remember at one time on Scout...he was borderline 4 and 5 star kid as a soph or junior in high school.  Very highly rated. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny thing about Hartman. I remember at one time on Scout...he was borderline 4 and 5 star kid as a soph or junior in high school.  Very highly rated. 

Sad that Colin never lived up to his potential due to his many injuries.....

But enough of Colin......  Does anyone know how Franklins' visit went???

Archived