Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

DBM,

I don’t like where this is going. I encourage you to take some time to be thoughtful in your comments. 

I have never understood why people put down young men that have been asked to and chose to come to our school. I trust our staff. When u miss on your big targets and get a kid like Priller people bash the coach and the kid. I dont get it.  

DMB woukd u be ok if we turn down Franklin miss on all but TJD. you would be the first one griping about our recruiting strategy.

Getting the supporr if the high school coaches in state is paramount. You dont mess that up by pulling ships from kids that will benefit our program

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face. Recruiting this state is of utmost importance. It’s a basketball hotbed. IU doesn’t deserve to be good if they don’t take advantage of it. I love that Archie is staying true to his word. The fact that he’s sticking to his guns shows recruits he’s real. That’s a very important part of building relationships. I hope Franklin picks IU

Archie knows what the state of Indiana produces, he coached next door at Dayton for some time.  He's putting pressure IMO on the recruits inside the state saying we want you, but we cannot wait until a last minute decision(example late spring) so we will recruit outside of the state if we do not have an answer that puts the coaching staff say in a uncomfortable place/stance .  

15 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face. Recruiting this state is of utmost importance. It’s a basketball hotbed. IU doesn’t deserve to be good if they don’t take advantage of it. I love that Archie is staying true to his word. The fact that he’s sticking to his guns shows recruits he’s real. That’s a very important part of building relationships. I hope Franklin picks IU

Well said. If you not get the kids from our state as the IU coach you are in trouble.  The blue bloods will get them. I know the things high school coaches share. If you dont think the New Albany staff played a big role in us landing Romeo you are crazy

13 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’d take a class of Franklin, Keion, TJD and Stewart in a heartbeat

It would depend on who left before I say that because if we take 4 that means someone has to leave.  Would you rather have a junior in Smith or one of these freshman like Stewart who might only be here a year.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well said. If you not get the kids from our state as the IU coach you are in trouble.  The blue bloods will get them. I know the things high coaches share. If you dont think the New Albany staff played a big role in us landing Romeo you are crazy

Staying true to the word also builds relationships with coaches. They play a big role in recruitments

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It would depend on who left before I say that because if we take 4 that means someone has to leave.  Would you rather have a junior in Smith or one of these freshman like Stewart who might only be here a year.

There’s no doubt I’d rather have a Junior Smith or Sophomore Romeo than a fourth freshman

12 hours ago, CoachSS said:

As I said previously, I think he makes for a wonderful 3-year player (Soph-Sr) that can be a key contributor in time. 

Given the dearth of talent he would be around at a school like Indiana, he could really flourish as a guy who isn’t option 1A on defensive scouting reports. 

Always liked him as a prospect. We’ll see what he says tomorrow. 

He is probably one of those players we see play at Xavier or Butler that we wish that would come to IU because of how they play.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why would you pick smith as the one who would have to go.  There are several on the roster who might not get better this year or who might decide they want more playing time and leave.  Of course at this point no one would want to lose Smith.  

12 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm sure all that's true.  I just thought after 2017 and 18 that we were done taking role players and would be taking instant impact prospects.  We need to land about 3 top 50 guys every year if we want to compete with UK, KU, Duke, UNC, etc.

Totally disagree with you because you can't have a roster full 5 star players and keep them happy.  You need a couple of role players who won't come in and expect to be a major contributor right away.

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Why would you pick smith as the one who would have to go.  There are several on the roster who might not get better this year or who might decide they want more playing time and leave.  Of course at this point no one would want to lose Smith.  

I think most players are happy and won't transfer but I think a guy like Smith or Hunter if they have a great season might go pro.

I would love to see franklin cimmit to the hoosiers today. Archie offered him a scholarship that in itself tells me he values a franklin commitment. Coachss has repeatedly stated he is high on franklin. Other than iuwins0708 and ephul most if not all of you have opinions but no solid information on franklin or any other prospect. I for one am going to really enjoy the ride with the hoosiers and Archie and his staff. POP FOR THE HOOSIERS FRANKLIN

I'm not dialed in and certainly don't have any of the contacts that some have. What I do have is 40 years of watching hoops and about 25 years of following IU hoops recruiting. What Archie has been able to accomplish in 17 months of recruiting is nothing short of phenomenal in my opinion....given the circumstances and given the competition in recruiting. 

I'm not saying blind allegiance time...but I think this staff does deserve the benefit of the doubt on who they see fit and how those verbals come about. Franklin, Newman, anyone....as long as we get TJD and Brooks does anything else really matter? To me it doesn't.

Archived