Armaan Franklin

8 minutes ago, Cutter said:

One of coachss or 0708 said they thought IU would take both franklin and newman.  I guess that might apply to Ramsey also. That has been some time ago when it eas said.

Feel like 4 is the max class. But any combination of Franklin/Newman/Ramsey/Bouknight could be taken as the last two. Not to mention Stewart, Nnaji, etc. But any two guards could be taken to finish the class. 

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we land TJD, KBJ, Franklin and Newman the expectations on Archie are going to be through the roof. It will make for a ton of happy Hoosier fans. A team loaded with in-state talent. That's a sweet 16 caliber squad and depending on how some develop and who stays maybe a final 4 team in a couple years. 2020 would have a bullseye on it.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I wonder why he feels he must decide now and not take more time if he is having a hard time.  Does he just want it over with?  Is he abiding by a deadline he has personally set?  Does he believe spots are about to be taken and he wants to make sure he gets the chair he wants before the music stops?  

To be sure that he has a spot. I don't know if either school would take both Franklin and Newman. Its a numbers thing in my opinion

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I wonder why he feels he must decide now and not take more time if he is having a hard time.  Does he just want it over with?  Is he abiding by a deadline he has personally set?  Does he believe spots are about to be taken and he wants to make sure he gets the chair he wants before the music stops?  

Probably wants it over before his season begins

So this crazy thought just ran through my head... in this order:

1. Armaan Franklin commits to IU

2. TJD AND Keion commit together at Hoosier Hysteria 

3. Brandon Newman commits to IU

4. Ramsey Commits to IU

5. Stewart or Bouknight battle for last spot and I say last spot based off of what I’m about to say below

6. Armaan Franklin changes commitment because he knows playing time will now be scarce decommits and ends up going to PU

7. Davis and Clifton Moore leave IU 

8. Romeo Turns pro... 

this is a lot of moving parts and will never happen but you know since I’m from Illinois crazy thoughts run through my head 🤷🏻‍♂️

39 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So this crazy thought just ran through my head... in this order:

1. Armaan Franklin commits to IU

2. TJD AND Keion commit together at Hoosier Hysteria 

3. Brandon Newman commits to IU

4. Ramsey Commits to IU

5. Stewart or Bouknight battle for last spot and I say last spot based off of what I’m about to say below

6. Armaan Franklin changes commitment because he knows playing time will now be scarce decommits and ends up going to PU

7. Davis and Clifton Moore leave IU 

8. Romeo Turns pro... 

this is a lot of moving parts and will never happen but you know since I’m from Illinois crazy thoughts run through my head 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wow!!! That's a mouthful lol. I could see some guys like Green and Davis possibly moving on if this year doesn't go as planned. I think everyone Archie has signed he has a plan for and would stay. I can see 4 openings....with someone else going pro or if someone stays then possibly someone moving on for more playing time...but I think Archie tries to sign 3...and then sees what happens in spring. Which is why I'm thinking Ramsey might be that last commitment if someone else leaves. I think we operate as if Romeo is gone. So we sign 3 and then wait and see what happens if a fourth leaves because of the NBA or transfers. Franklin, TJD, KBJ?? Then leave a spot of Ramsey if we get another opening?

29 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

This is a cant lose commitment! Great if we have him, I like our chances on some others if we don’t! Win-win

I will also add that regardless of ranking, an Armaan commitment is very good for perception. IU getting top players in the state is becoming a strong reality and trend that other schools like PU and MSU must not enjoy continuously seeing. If we get Armaan we pulled another one from beneath the nose of Painter. Archie is quickly becoming the man to beat for Indiana kids, as it is becoming more and more clear that IU is the school in-state kids want an offer from.

7 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

You know....It really does annoy me when you always say "free board". You blame that on everything.

We are a FREE BOARD you know? And we have some really good posters, with both great basketball knowledge and insider info. 

Purdue free board has some crazies that would accuse Archie of cheating. This free board has a lot of good posters. Way better than the rivals board. What all do I blame on the free board? 

Archived