Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Well I guess in 4 years we will know who made the right choice .

The one thing I like about this is commitment is that it gives Archie a lot of ammo in future recruiting battles in state.  That is if you snooze on an IU offer you might end up in W. Lafayette for 4 years.  That would give me nightmares.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

The one thing I like about this is commitment is that it gives Archie a lot of ammo in future recruiting battles in state.  That is if you snooze on an IU offer you might end up in W. Lafayette for 4 years.  That would give me nightmares.

The “that would give me nightmares” line got that like for you! Lol

I think Purdue has used all of the standard excuses already:
-IU had to have paid him
-It was probably playing time. Our guards are loaded and IU has MAC quality guards. 
-Who cares. PU owns IU and their dusty banners. (Our Big Ten championships from the 40s are relevant though.)

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I think Purdue has used all of the standard excuses already:
-IU had to have paid him
-It was probably playing time. Our guards are loaded and IU has MAC quality guards. 
-Who cares. PU owns IU and their dusty banners. (Our Big Ten championships from the 40s are relevant though.)

Lol. Congrats on the pickup but those are lame excuses. I do think playing time was used by IU to get him to Bloomington though even though he would’ve had plenty of opportunity assuming Carsen goes pro after this year just like Romeo will be gone. 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Love this pick up. I have thought Armaan has been under rated for a long time. I think he is going to be a great 3 or 4 year guy and become a fan favorite by his sophomore season. 

His crappy AAU season killed him in the rankings. Was around 100 at one point before that. Kinda wonder if they were playing him out of position so Newman could play SG thus the beef between them

On 9/5/2018 at 9:47 AM, Reacher said:

"One of the top mid range and off the dribble scorers in the class of 2019"

"By the standards of today's college game, Franklin is a totally functional and useful guard. What that means is that he's probably more of a natural two guard but he handles the ball well enough to play some at the point and he's big enough that you could play him as a small forward in a small ball lineup.

Franklin is adept at creating his shot off the dribble, has a great frame for finishing around the rim and he is a good pull-up jump. shooter and mid range scorer.

Defensively he has good effort, good awareness and he's likely to be a steady performer who gradually develops into a valuable and consistent upperclassman."

I was in the Newman / Ramsey camp but would be fine with Franklin. Agree that Archie wants an extra ball handler.

Bump 

"During a holiday tournament last winter, when Cathedral faced Tindley, Franklin volunteered to guard Purdue signee Eric Hunter. He doubled his talented opponent up, holding Hunter to 15 points while scoring 30 of his own."

I love hearing that...another LOL @ the Smellermakers.

Archived