Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He goes over to rivals as well and tells them everything he hears from this site.  He goes over there and tell the how we are leading for Brooks and TJD and Ramsey and they ask him where he gets his info.

We definitely don’t lead for Ramsey. That thing is wide open. We do for TJD. Unless something drastic happens he’s a Hoosier. I think Brooks will be as well but there is competition there. Far from a sure thing.

I like Franklin and think he’s a good pickup.  Nice size, versatile.  He reportedly has a good motor for defense.  He can come in at multiple spots.  I couldn’t care less about his ranking, which is actually fine.  He’d be a pain in the ass to deal with if he went elsewhere.  

But I share ADegenerate’s point of view that we should add pure shooters too.  You need spacing out there.  You may have five studs but if they all want to operate into the paint that’s not complementary.  Lack of shooting was one of the problems with a couple of Crean’s teams.  We have Damezi, fine.  We don’t know what he’s going to give us.  Regardless, you’d like to see more shooters.  That’s why I’ve always liked Newmie.  

45 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

We definitely don’t lead for Ramsey. That thing is wide open. We do for TJD. Unless something drastic happens he’s a Hoosier. I think Brooks will be as well but there is competition there. Far from a sure thing.

We did before the Franklin commitment.  At least according to 0708.

18 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

What did he ever accomplish while at IU?

Whoa...

OG was a big part why IU beat Kentucky in the tourney.  He shut down Jamal Murray, a high-scoring lotto pick...I think he flat-out blocked his shot twice but I guarantee he was in Murray's head as soon as he guarded him.  That's not the only time I felt he contributed significantly, but it was probably the biggest stage he shined on in college.

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Whoa...

OG was a big part why IU beat Kentucky in the tourney.  He shut down Jamal Murray, a high-scoring lotto pick...I think he flat-out blocked his shot twice but I guarantee he was in Murray's head as soon as he guarded him.  That's not the only time I felt he contributed significantly, but it was probably the biggest stage he shined on in college.

Not to mention some ongoing street cred with recruits in being a borderline stud in the league and an ex Hoosier. I've seen a ton of photos put out there by recruits with Oladipo in regards to their interest with going to IU. Similar logic applies with OG doing well in the league currently 

12 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Not to mention some ongoing street cred with recruits in being a borderline stud in the league and an ex Hoosier. I've seen a ton of photos put out there by recruits with Oladipo in regards to their interest with going to IU. Similar logic applies with OG doing well in the league currently 

Yeah I think Vic & OG can have a giant impact on recruiting.  IU has others in the league but I see those two as the most influential former Hoosiers right now.  Hopefully in a few years, we'll say the same thing about Keion and Trayce.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

We did before the Franklin commitment.  At least according to 0708.

That’s fine. That’s his opinion and I respect it. But IMO we don’t lead for Ramsey. We may after he visits for HH. But as of right now it’s open. We are lucky we got one of the visits. He wants a big time atmosphere and big time basketball school and HH will give him just that and then maybe we lead and land the commit. But as I see it no one can call a leader as of today. I do hope 0708 is right and he definitely has more sources than I ever could I just think it’s premature to say anyone is that kid’s leader.

^^ I haven't seen him play but really like what I've read about and seen of him in vids -- he's a legit 2-way player, and those have always been the players I like the most. He can improve his shooting/extend his range, coming in with a defense-first mentality, while improving his range is perfect. Think Vic (no not saying he's the next Vic, but there are comparisons that I like). 

• 2 months later...

Archived