Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

How does Armaan compare to Phinisee?

Probably unfair to compare. Gosh some of these rankings are SO off. 

Anyone remember AJ Guyton. Poor kid wasn't ranked even in the top 150 GUARDS in his class. GUARDS! Then comes into his freshman year and lights everyone up.

that kid could play. 

As much as Rob has been amazing and he was a 4 star (right?) I don't remember anyone sticking their neck out saying he'd be this good right away. Yes there were naysayers but no one said this kid was gonna be this big of a stud.

ive heard many who have watched Armaan say the guy is very athletic. That he could be a defender. But it sounds like he's more of a project. Not massive project but not to be expected to come in and challenge to start or anything.

Armaan is a great get for our program. Seems like a level-headed and smart kid who would represent IU well on and off the court. He's got upside to be a solid 4-year player and be a backbone of our program for years to come. I like Archie's recruiting strategy. He brings in solid 3-4 year players with good basketball IQ and sprinkles 5-stars on top. That way we can compete against the best in the nation and also have stability year after year. 

Archie is the man on a mission. I have no doubt that he will hang banners in the near future. 

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

Armaan is a great get for our program. Seems like a level-headed and smart kid who would represent IU well on and off the court. He's got upside to be a solid 4-year player and be a backbone of our program for years to come. I like Archie's recruiting strategy. He brings in solid 3-4 year players with good basketball IQ and sprinkles 5-stars on top. That way we can compete against the best in the nation and also have stability year after year. 

Archie is the man on a mission. I have no doubt that he will hang banners in the near future. 

At my age, I hope it's really near, LOL!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

Indiana basketball owes to senior citizen fans for their unwavering love and support through thick and thin. They deserve to see someone other than Bob Knight bring championship trophies to IU. 

I think Mile was around for Branch McCracken's championships. :coffee:

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Branch started McCracken Basketball Camps in 1963 with his son, Dave taking over in 1970.  After Dave died, 2001 I believe, then one of his sons-in-law began running the camps and continues to do so today.

Went several years in the 80's to Mccracken camp on Lake James. Dave was a great leader and story teller. He would wake us up in the mornings by loudly singing "Roll out the barrels.." Terrific memories. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Went several years in the 80's to Mccracken camp on Lake James. Dave was a great leader and story teller. He would wake us up in the mornings by loudly singing "Roll out the barrels.." Terrific memories. 

Bledsoe’s Beach!

What, 16-18 courts on the premises?

Now being developed. Unfortunately, nothing can compete with the mighty $$$

10 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

From what I've seen he seems like he will be that of like Al currently is. Will work hard and defend and just need a little development on the offensive side is what I'm taking, you guys agree?

See quote below.

21 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I was at the game last night and said hello and congratulations to Armaan. He’s legit 6’3-6’4... 

The difference from Al is this kid will be able to defend 1s, 2s and 3s. Opponents best players and shut them down. But yes will need some development time on his offense. He seems to pride himself on his defense...at least that was what I heard from others. He wasn’t a finished product offensively although he can get the ball in the basket. I think he is a great complimentary piece to possibly some of the shooters we are looking at in 2020-21. Watching the other night...I think it’s clear the vision he has for the kid...that defense was the best I’ve seen in possibly the last 30 years of IU basketball. It was a clinic.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

See quote below.

The difference from Al is this kid will be able to defend 1s, 2s and 3s. Opponents best players and shut them down. But yes will need some development time on his offense. He seems to pride himself on his defense...at least that was what I heard from others. He wasn’t a finished product offensively although he can get the ball in the basket. I think he is a great complimentary piece to possibly some of the shooters we are looking at in 2020-21. Watching the other night...I think it’s clear the vision he has for the kid...that defense was the best I’ve seen in possibly the last 30 years of IU basketball. It was a clinic.

Seriously THAT good of defense?! 😍

Tell me more! Break down his defense a little and share why you feel so strongly. I'm ALL ears!

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Best basketball player I ever coached was from Monrovia. Only problem he was in some others eyes a better football player. John Standeford.

He is a class act. He would substitute teach after he graduated college and regal people with stories.  He did at one time hold big ten records that he made with drew brees iirc 

BTW where did you coach him

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

He is a class act. He would substitute teach after he graduated college and regal people with stories.  He did at one time hold big ten records that he made with drew brees iirc 

BTW where did you coach him

I coached him in AAU 16 under it of Bloomington when I was in college. I coached with Mike Schrage. We were same age group as Jared Jeffries team and Zach Randolph team and Jason Gardner. We never won a tournament but beat each of those team at least once. I believe they went 1,2 3 at Nationals we were top 20. 

John was sure a great young man. His Purdue Jersey is the only Purdue item besides a roll of toilet paper allowed in our house

On 11/16/2018 at 5:13 PM, jv1972iu said:

My first cousin was married to Dave McCracken, Branch's son.  I had the good fortune to meet Coach McCracken once when I was a kid.  Nice man and great basketball mind and coach.   😃

Louise was a very nice lady.  And generous too.   She would occasionally reach out to me and other family members, offering the "McCracken" seats at home games.  

Branch was my great-uncle from my dads side of the family.

McHoop

Archived