Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

jimmygoiu

Armaan Franklin Commits to IU

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Refreshing to see a guy do it the old school way. I don't begrudge the more dramatic signings, but the big productions become a bit tiresome.  It's nice to see a guy just sit in a chair and sign the letter. 

Agreed.

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

anyone have information regarding Rabjohns article from his sit down with Franklin from this morning?

Only notable info I've seen come out of it is that he is going to recruit TJD and Keion hard.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Only notable info I've seen come out of it is that he is going to recruit TJD and Keion hard.

If we land these 3 to go with the Archie’s first class last year I might go out on a limb and say this team is a final four team before they graduate. Who knows...Romeo might decide to come back and we start Robert, Romeo, Brooks, Smith, and TJD...with Hunter, Damazi, Race, Al, and Davis off the bench....that would likely be one of the best teams we have had in decades.

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Archie is locking down Indiana and I’m excited to watch Armaan lock down the B1G best players. Thank you Armaan...excited for you and your family!

6 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Refreshing to see a guy do it the old school way. I don't begrudge the more dramatic signings, but the big productions become a bit tiresome.  It's nice to see a guy just sit in a chair and sign the letter. 

Atleast one guy in the State knows what he wants exactly when he wants it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

He was at the game tonight.

That had to be a blast...

(see what you are missing, Trayce and Keion?!!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Atleast one guy in the State knows what he wants exactly when he wants it.

This.

When the team is playing this good, the atmosphere, national tv all year long....some of these in state guys need to look in the mirror this morning and ask themselves what in the heck am I waiting on? 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

This.

When the team is playing this good, the atmosphere, national tv all year long....some of these in state guys need to look in the mirror this morning and ask themselves what in the heck am I waiting on? 

I might be getting too excited, and of course other schools have good players too, but if I’m Brooks, TJD, and even Hurt or Watford, I don’t want to miss out on having Rob Phinisee as my point guard for a year or two. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I might be getting too excited, and of course other schools have good players too, but if I’m Brooks, TJD, and even Hurt or Watford, I don’t want to miss out on having Rob Phinisee as my point guard for a year or two. 

Exactly. I have to show some restraint myself but thinking we have a few years of RP at the point...if I'm a player I want that guy finding me. TJD and Brooks. Time to say yes.

• Like 1

I'm really excited about Armaan. More than any recent in-state recruit (in my memory), this kid is genuinely excited and stoked to be a Hoosier, AND, he is actively trying to recruit our other in-state targets via social media. Give me a kid who has bought in from day one and let CAM develop him as a player and the spirit of this hallowed institution is in good shape.

Gloriana frangipana, E’er to her be true.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

How does Armaan compare to Phinisee?

Probably unfair to compare. Gosh some of these rankings are SO off. 

Anyone remember AJ Guyton. Poor kid wasn't ranked even in the top 150 GUARDS in his class. GUARDS! Then comes into his freshman year and lights everyone up.

that kid could play. 

As much as Rob has been amazing and he was a 4 star (right?) I don't remember anyone sticking their neck out saying he'd be this good right away. Yes there were naysayers but no one said this kid was gonna be this big of a stud.

ive heard many who have watched Armaan say the guy is very athletic. That he could be a defender. But it sounds like he's more of a project. Not massive project but not to be expected to come in and challenge to start or anything.

Armaan is a great get for our program. Seems like a level-headed and smart kid who would represent IU well on and off the court. He's got upside to be a solid 4-year player and be a backbone of our program for years to come. I like Archie's recruiting strategy. He brings in solid 3-4 year players with good basketball IQ and sprinkles 5-stars on top. That way we can compete against the best in the nation and also have stability year after year. 

Archie is the man on a mission. I have no doubt that he will hang banners in the near future. 

Edited by addictedtoIU
  • Like 2

From what I've seen he seems like he will be that of like Al currently is. Will work hard and defend and just need a little development on the offensive side is what I'm taking, you guys agree?

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

Armaan is a great get for our program. Seems like a level-headed and smart kid who would represent IU well on and off the court. He's got upside to be a solid 4-year player and be a backbone of our program for years to come. I like Archie's recruiting strategy. He brings in solid 3-4 year players with good basketball IQ and sprinkles 5-stars on top. That way we can compete against the best in the nation and also have stability year after year. 

Archie is the man on a mission. I have no doubt that he will hang banners in the near future. 

At my age, I hope it's really near, LOL!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

At my age, I hope it's really near, LOL!!!!!!!!

Indiana basketball owes to senior citizen fans for their unwavering love and support through thick and thin. They deserve to see someone other than Bob Knight bring championship trophies to IU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

Indiana basketball owes to senior citizen fans for their unwavering love and support through thick and thin. They deserve to see someone other than Bob Knight bring championship trophies to IU. 

I think Mile was around for Branch McCracken's championships. :coffee:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IUaic said:

I think Mile was around for Branch McCracken's championships. :coffee:

My first cousin was married to Dave McCracken, Branch's son.  I had the good fortune to meet Coach McCracken once when I was a kid.  Nice man and great basketball mind and coach.   😃

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

My first cousin was married to Dave McCracken, Branch's son.  I had the good fortune to meet Coach McCracken once when I was a kid.  Nice man and great basketball mind and coach.   😃

Great story thanks for sharing