Armaan Franklin

25 minutes ago, McHoop said:

Louise was a very nice lady.  And generous too.   She would occasionally reach out to me and other family members, offering the "McCracken" seats at home games.  

Branch was my great-uncle from my dads side of the family.

McHoop

She was indeed.   Louise was thirteen years older than me, so i didn't get to know her really well.  But her mom (my dad's sister/my aunt Roz) always welcomed my brother, me and my dad on summer fishing trips up in the Wabash area...near the family farm.  Great memories.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2018 at 10:46 PM, FKIM01 said:

"During a holiday tournament last winter, when Cathedral faced Tindley, Franklin volunteered to guard Purdue signee Eric Hunter. He doubled his talented opponent up, holding Hunter to 15 points while scoring 30 of his own."

I love hearing that...another LOL @ the Smellermakers.

One example.

23 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Seriously THAT good of defense?! 😍

Tell me more! Break down his defense a little and share why you feel so strongly. I'm ALL ears!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bustingbrackets.com/2018/04/12/ncaa-basketball-armaan-franklin-stand-recruiting-journey/amp/

basically he takes pride in playing both ends of the floor. With his athleticism and size he has the ability to guard just about anyone...but most importantly is the desire to be good at it and the effort. Hard to find kids now days in HS willing to take on the best player and to shut them down. Exactly kind of attitude we want. Unselfish and willing to do the dirty work.

• 3 weeks later...

A little OT, but does anyone know more about Franklin's teammate at Cathedral, Justin Hensley?  Looks like he may be a senior shooting guard.  Man that kid can stroke it.  Just watched the stream of Cathedral against Zionsville and he was really impressive, drained a bunch of 3s.  Not seeing anything about him online as a potential college prospect.  I've seen him play exactly one half of a high school game lol, but was just curious if others have seen him play more and if he may have a chance to play somewhere in college.   

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'd say so since I heard that defense was his strength and yet is doing this offensively 

I know there's no way to quantify but I'm always curious about guys like AF who are in his rankings range. When they commit early. Get the pressure off. Do you think the confidence just shoots up? Play more relaxed? This isn't the same scorer I saw last year. He's routinely putting up big numbers. As you mentioned he's been known for defense but I'll gladly take scorers/shooters too!

Analyst Brian Snow has scouted him this month and says he is showing "senior year Improvement," a 6'4 shooting guard who can play on ball (combo) but is at his best as a scoring 2. 

These recent games are in line with that scouting report. I haven't seen him personally, would be interested to hear from guys who've seen him play recently, he has been putting up some impressive numbers. 

Pulled up some footage from EYBL and other vids on him, he can hit from deep and showed good footwork and spin moves going to the rim. I'm thinking he may well be underrated.

40 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I didn’t realize he was s 3 star. When I watch videos he looks better than that. 

Don't always depend upon star ratings. At times a player can be either better or lesser than his star rating.  Victor Oladipo was a 3 star coming out of high school.  Much to Victor's credit, he could have gone to the NBA after his second year, but chose to stay for three. And look what he has done since.

Conversely.  As I say, don't rely upon star ratings.  Even 5 star OAD's,  can learn from Juwan's and Victor's example. One can get work done by staying and not becoming a OAD.  As smooth as Romeo is, I believe he can get work done under Archie's tutelage, by not relying upon his star rating alone.

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know there's no way to quantify but I'm always curious about guys like AF who are in his rankings range. When they commit early. Get the pressure off. Do you think the confidence just shoots up? Play more relaxed? This isn't the same scorer I saw last year. He's routinely putting up big numbers. As you mentioned he's been known for defense but I'll gladly take scorers/shooters too!

Didn’t Phinisee do the same thing last year.  I kinda remember him having a huge scoring year his senior year.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Don't always depend upon star ratings. At times a player can be either better or lesser than his star rating.  Victor Oladipo was a 3 star coming out of high school.  Much to Victor's credit, he could have gone to the NBA after his second year, but chose to stay for three. And look what he has done since.

Conversely.  As I say, don't rely upon star ratings.  Even 5 star OAD's,  can learn from Juwan's and Victor's example. One can get work done by staying and not becoming a OAD.  As smooth as Romeo is, I believe he can get work done under Archie's tutelage, by not relying upon his star rating alone.

Yes . However, Franklin seems to have time to move up as well 

9 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Yes . However, Franklin seems to have time to move up as well 

Yeah, I think he'll probably move up a bit in the next rankings -- but regardless, he's putting up some great numbers and in team wins. 

I always like the under-the-radar guys. It's great, and of course important, to "land" the elite players like Romeo, but when you find guys like Rob, Morgan, OG, Vic, you build a deep program.

26 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That makes me a tad nervous.  I hope she never joins a fan forum or Twitter.

India Franklin @indii5000 2h2 hours ago

Replying to @radiotroy

I’m a mother first and a fan second. The refs let the game and a player get out of control. My comment to the ref was simply “This is on you”. definitely not worthy of an ejection! So I sat in “time out” in the hospitality room, where the Richmond staff was awesome!!!!

She replied to the tweet.

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

India Franklin @indii5000 2h2 hours ago

Replying to @radiotroy

I’m a mother first and a fan second. The refs let the game and a player get out of control. My comment to the ref was simply “This is on you”. definitely not worthy of an ejection! So I sat in “time out” in the hospitality room, where the Richmond staff was awesome!!!!

She replied to the tweet.

Fair enough mom. :)

Archived