Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, btownqb said:

And Hunter and Anderson? Durham would be a JR and Green as SR, also. 

Anderson, Hunter, and even Romeo for that matter can play the 2 and 3. Hunter could probably even play the 4.

There is plenty of room for another guard.

Franklin is a 19 recruit and no offense to him as a player but his recruitment has zero to do with Romeo. Romeo is a one and done guy wherever he ends up. Franklin's recruitment will be impacted more by as others mentioned Hunter, Anderson,etc.....and how immediately Franklin can see the floor. He'll fighting those 2 for minutes. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And Phinisee?

If Romeo is here as a SO... this kid isn't playing much at all as a FR. 

I wouldn't expect that entire group to be here by his SO year.... I'm sure one in that group won't be happy with PT, especially if the upperclassmen haven't improved enough to be starting over the underclassmen. Durham is going to have to learn to shoot if he is going to make a spot for himself. I love the kid. I love how hard he plays, but he's not quick enough to play point, and he doesn't shoot it well enough to be a 2. 

The 2-4 in Archie's system is pretty much a wash. All these guys can play those positions. I would expect Phinisee and Green to handle point.

4 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

I know this has been posted somewhere else, but couldn't find it. How many scholarships would we have in 2019 if Romeo committed?

Assuming no one transfers or leaves early we have 2 more available for 18-19 and 3 for 19-20. I think it's safe to say you can add at least 1 more to 19-20 year because either Romeo would leave or have a transfer. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KDB said:

After his battle with Damezi Anderson, Franklin said this about IU, "I think they are starting to like me more." , "He told me he thought I did a good job and we'll have to see where it goes from here."

I think the thing I love most about this is Archie's honesty. Didn't offer him a scholarship immediately. Staying true to his word about treating an IU offer like gold.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I think the thing I love most about this is Archie's honesty. Didn't offer him a scholarship immediately. Staying true to his word about treating an IU offer like gold.

All day long. Archie doesn't change his tune on a good run. Very refreshing. We'll see how Franklin takes it from here. 

Archived