Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Aren’t both Newman and Franklin about the same size?

Look give us a break...this is the closest thing IU will have to beating Purdue at Hoops this year so let them have it. Of course there is no evidence that either will be a better college player at this point. But these guys NEED a win at something right now. If we can’t have hope for next year then it’s going to be a long long summer.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Look give us a break...this is the closest thing IU will have to beating Purdue at Hoops this year so let them have it. Of course there is no evidence that either will be a better college player at this point. But these guys NEED a win at something right now. If we can’t have hope for next year then it’s going to be a long long summer.

We will win at being out of the NC picture too......:coffee:

Also, are you even an IU fan?  “These guys”, “IU = they”.  Sounds like a troll.

12 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Newman is better, at least at this point. That being said, Franklin has really improved and I'm glad he's coming to IU. I don't understand why fans are acting like this is an either/or situation, Archie is still recruiting hard for next year.

He might be better. I want the 1 that wants to be a Hoosier.  AF is going to make believers of a lot of people.

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Have you seen them up close. I have not for a while.   I dont feel Newman is a legit 6 5 but he may very well be. I think you are spot on about AF.

Do u play Friday night?

I haven't seen him up close and was just going of what he's listed at. The muscle differences are obvious just by looking at them though and yes I do have a game Friday night. 

I have not seen him play in person, but I have trouble not seeing him getting some pretty substantial minutes next year - unless we land a late recruit or transfer. 

I say that because he just seems like the type of player that will thrive in Archie-ball. Tall guard that can defend multiple positions and rebound. Not to mention his improved shot. 

Lets assume Green is gone (which may or may not happen) and we know that Romeo is. Its going to be down to Damezi and Durham at the 2. 

Just now, IndySportsPartizan said:

I have not seen him play in person, but I have trouble not seeing him getting some pretty substantial minutes next year - unless we land a late recruit or transfer. 

I say that because he just seems like the type of player that will thrive in Archie-ball. Tall guard that can defend multiple positions and rebound. Not to mention his improved shot. 

Lets assume Green is gone (which may or may not happen) and we know that Romeo is. Its going to be down to Damezi and Durham at the 2. 

I am not putting high expectations on him but I think he will get a lot of minutes and make us happy for 4 years

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

He might be better. I want the 1 that wants to be a Hoosier.  AF is going to make believers of a lot of people.

Did you read the rest of my post? I said that Franklin has really improved and I'm glad he's coming to IU. Newman has really good size and is a terrific shooter, no need for people to put him down just because he's going to Purdue.

4 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Did you read the rest of my post? I said that Franklin has really improved and I'm glad he's coming to IU. Newman has really good size and is a terrific shooter, no need for people to put him down just because he's going to Purdue.

I would've been happy with Franklin too.  I think Newman is a better fit for Purdue next year due to his offensive ability (especially if Carsen leaves).  We will need guys that can score and Newman is that guy.

6 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

I agree completely, think both are going to be good and look forward to seeing them compete against each other next 4 years. I personally think AF fits our system better. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I would've been happy with Franklin too.  I think Newman is a better fit for Purdue next year due to his offensive ability (especially if Carsen leaves).  We will need guys that can score and Newman is that guy.

I agree.  The Boilers need someone to step Cline's role even if Carsen leaves(which I don't think he will).

1 minute ago, rico said:

I agree.  The Boilers need someone to step Cline's role even if Carsen leaves(which I don't think he will).

I don't think he will either. He'd been better off leaving last year before his streakiness/inefficiency got exposed.

...and no, I'm not saying it was a great idea to leave last year...just better than this year.

I wanted one of Newman/Franklin. As it played out, I think they both ended up in the best situation for them personally. 

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Newman will be really good, one of my favorites in that class for sure. Good pickup for Purdue.

Archived