Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it bad that I don’t want us to get franklin because I feel we can get much better recruit and I just don’t see him helping the team on what we need? To me he is a role player and we already have a couple guards who are role players. With Romeo being a one and done we need a guard who can come in and score IMO.... Franklin isn’t that guy and won’t even realistically be ready to contribute until a sophomore!

More info from the guy that me last wewk that a committment was coming very soon just told me. The staff feels 100% unless something crazy happens that KB and TJD are locks. That the other recruits were told that a decision is needed quickly because a spot may not be there much longer. Mile,IUWINS, coachss can you guys confirm any of this

24 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Is it bad that I don’t want us to get franklin because I feel we can get much better recruit and I just don’t see him helping the team on what we need? To me he is a role player and we already have a couple guards who are role players. With Romeo being a one and done we need a guard who can come in and score IMO.... Franklin isn’t that guy and won’t even realistically be ready to contribute until a sophomore!

Not every recruit has to be a star player and the better teams has a few really good role players.  if you bring in 10 high 4 star and 5 star players it would be hard to keep everyone happy with playing time.

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

Honestly not sure if I want Franklin... anybody else feel this way or am I crazy? Guess I’ll trust Archie. Would rather take a shot at Ramsey or Newman 

Not crazy. I’d rather want Ramsey or Newman. But I’ve no reason to doubt Archie. He knows what he’s doing

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not every recruit has to be a star player and the better teams has a few really good role players.  if you bring in 10 high 4 star and 5 star players it would be hard to keep everyone happy with playing time.

I agree we need role players! With that being said we already have that with the players we have.... out of the 15 on our team Morgan, Romeo, maybe Smith, and maybe Hunter are stars! Other than that name one! We lose Morgan and Romeo next year plus if Smith and Hunter have big years one of them definitely could go pro! Brooks and TJD are off the ball players phinisee I would anticipate creates shots for others but isn’t that pure scorer. If we get franklin that takes away from the strong guards we could potentially get ala Ramsey!

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If CAM wants him and he wants to be here, thats good enough for me. We are getting to a place where we wont be waiting on recruits. 

I’ll admit I am looking at the rankings a tad plus what some other people have said so for anyone who is pro franklin or has seen him play can you give insight on his skill set and how ready he actually is to contribute!

He may not be the polished shooter that Newman is...and he may not have the elite athleticism and play making ability that Ramsey has but he is a very good ball player. He probably can't come in and have a role right away but is a 4 year player that by his junior and senior year will be a very very good ball player for us. I'm not going to sweat it either way....and I don't think it would stop Ramsey from coming here in the spring IF we have a spot open for him. Ramsey is looking to be a 1 or 2 year player and would start right away for us.

If he ends up somewhere else I'm not going to change my mind. They are getting a good basketball player. I'll be excited no matter what. I think we are going to get 1 of the guards on our board regardless...it will just depend on which one.

54 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Honestly not sure if I want Franklin... anybody else feel this way or am I crazy? Guess I’ll trust Archie. Would rather take a shot at Ramsey or Newman.. obviously will support the kid if he comes here but just a thought 

Ill be disappointed.  Crean was landing guys like this...VJ 3, Malik Story, Nick Williams...one month on the job when we were a dumpster fire.  We are loaded at every position next season except at 2 guard.  No excuse for not landing a top flight 2 guard.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Ill be disappointed.  Crean was landing guys like this...VJ 3, Malik Story, Nick Williams...one month on the job when we were a dumpster fire.  We are loaded at every position next season except at 2 guard.  No excuse for not landing a top flight 2 guard.

Maybe the plan is that Ramsey comes and takes Romeos spot with Franklin as a developing project. Would sorta eliminate the pipe dream of Brooks, Stewart and TJD

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Maybe the plan is that Ramsey comes and takes Romeos spot with Franklin as a developing project. Would sorta eliminate the pipe dream of Brooks, Stewart and TJD

Franklin or Newman would be a good #4 guy in a 4 man class.  But we should easily be able to land a better SG in this class.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

If we get Franklin are we done with Newman. I believe 1 of the 2 plus KB and TJD.  How do u think it impacts Ramsey?

We would be done with Newman I think. Ramsey could still be in the radar. But I’m thinking a guard plus Brooks and TJD. Then the fourth who knows. Could go to a guard, Stewart or the Minnesota kid, not Hurt but the Zeke kid I think it is. The fourth is the wild card for me. 

31 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

We would be done with Newman I think. Ramsey could still be in the radar. But I’m thinking a guard plus Brooks and TJD. Then the fourth who knows. Could go to a guard, Stewart or the Minnesota kid, not Hurt but the Zeke kid I think it is. The fourth is the wild card for me. 

I really think the 4th will be stewart. No Intel just a feeling

Archived