Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I think you could be right. Villanova is in the lead right now apparently but I think IU is in a lot better position than what people were thinking. 

I’ve never thought IU had much of a chance with Stewart. Glad to know I was wrong. Is there a good chance he comes for HH?

I'm interested to hear Franklin's comments (assuming he would commit) about where the staff sees him playing. I think that dictates who the 4th guy would be. Archie wants someone that can handle the ball in this class. I think he views Franklin as a combo guard that could step in and handle the point down the road.

And if that's the case, I don't think it necessarily hurts us with Ramsey or Newman. Newman is a shooter. And a good one. I don't think it's necessarily Newman/Ramsey or Franklin.

If he wants to come here, then great in my opinion.  Any kid who knows he will be recruited over based on 'rankings' and still wants to come, that is a player i want.  He wants to learn, compete, and earn his minutes down the road.  Refreshing really when the theme often seems to be about immediate guaranteed playing time. 

3 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

As I said previously, I think he makes for a wonderful 3-year player (Soph-Sr) that can be a key contributor in time. 

Given the dearth of talent he would be around at a school like Indiana, he could really flourish as a guy who isn’t option 1A on defensive scouting reports. 

Always liked him as a prospect. We’ll see what he says tomorrow. 

I'm sure all that's true.  I just thought after 2017 and 18 that we were done taking role players and would be taking instant impact prospects.  We need to land about 3 top 50 guys every year if we want to compete with UK, KU, Duke, UNC, etc.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm sure all that's true.  I just thought after 2017 and 18 that we were done taking role players and would be taking instant impact prospects.  We need to land about 3 top 50 guys every year if we want to compete with UK, KU, Duke, UNC, etc.

Agree with you, but if we land KBJ and TJD that pretty much fits the bill. I'm not sure if I'm all in on this or not myself fyi, but I can see Coach's line of thinking. May have persuaded me some 

1 minute ago, CoachSS said:

Dbm, 

Not sure I agree. I think role players, especially when they are older and have developed, are as important as a freshman or sophomore who is in his last/ only year of college basketball. 

Taking a team full of a 1-and-done’s and 5* recruits isn’t a sustainable approach. Nor is it a good one (look at Kentucky). 

Need that balanced middle ground attack (Nova and UNC do it the best)

1 minute ago, CoachSS said:

Dbm, 

Not sure I agree. I think role players, especially when they are older and have developed, are as important as a freshman or sophomore who is in his last/ only year of college basketball. 

Taking a team full of a 1-and-done’s and 5* recruits isn’t a sustainable approach. Nor is it a good one (look at Kentucky). 

There may not be any 5 stars to recruit if they ever start going directly to the NBA,then players like Franklin can become more valuable 

19 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Dbm, 

I don't want a bunch of one and dones either.  I like the Carolina approach honestly but without the cheating.  I doubt Roy has offered many guys in the 130 range ever.

I've said before that Archies strategy should be to load up on 2-4 year guys in that 30-80 range.  Occassionally take a 5 star when you can get them like Romeo and 3 stars on occasion as well.  But I'd like to see a 5 star for every one 3 star we take.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve never thought IU had much of a chance with Stewart. Glad to know I was wrong. Is there a good chance he comes for HH?

I think that is the hope. Having Brooks, Ramsey, Stewart, TJD would be unreal. Although I’ve always wondered when it comes to seniors is that a bad idea to have that many elite kids there? I believe Lander is coming as well which is nice.

Archived