Armaan Franklin

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Pic of Armaan from the all-star game.  I'm really glad he's at IU.

aarman.jpeg

He kinda looks Remy Able-ish....which is a good thing.  The B1G MBB is the 3rd or 4th most physical football conference in the country.  Having a little meat on his bones when he gets to Bloomington will make all the lumps he's guna take a little easier to handle.

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

He kinda looks Remy Able-ish....which is a good thing.  The B1G MBB is the 3rd or 4th most physical football conference in the country.  Having a little meat on his bones when he gets to Bloomington will make all the lumps he's guna take a little easier to handle.

Looks a year or two older than he is. And S&C will be able to hang a few more pounds on that frame.

Aarman is nowhere near this level at the moment, but his build is one thing that helped EJ as a freshman.

14 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Not putting pressure on him or anything and not an expectation by any means whatsoever, but would be a huge boost if he could have an Aaron Henry at MSU type of freshmen year. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not putting pressure on him or anything and not an expectation by any means whatsoever, but would be a huge boost if he could have an Aaron Henry at MSU type of freshmen year. 

I watched AF play a couple times this year. In the games I saw he was one of 2 maybe 3 guys who actually cared about defense and secondly he hit every type of shot with consistency. Finished at rim, midrange and showed range from deep. Nothing earth shattering on my part but I think this kid is going to be good and potentially really good once the minutes for him free up by his Soph/Jr year. I'm not saying Greg Graham but similar. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I watched AF play a couple times this year. In the games I saw he was one of 2 maybe 3 guys who actually cared about defense and secondly he hit every type of shot with consistency. Finished at rim, midrange and showed range from deep. Nothing earth shattering on my part but I think this kid is going to be good and potentially really good once the minutes for him free up by his Soph/Jr year. I'm not saying Greg Graham but similar. 

That would be a great career arc for him! Even looking at Henry, he wasn't spectacular by any means, but he played hard, played good D and was efficient. Only averaged 6ppg in 22mpg, but to your point about being effective from multiple spots on the court, he shot 52.3% from 2pt range and 38.5% from 3pt range. 

Again not expecting it or putting that pressure on him, but something like that would be a big boost to the program.   

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Spectacular at nothing, but pretty good at everything, and can play tough D?  Put me down for half a dozen of those. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

That would be a great career arc for him! Even looking at Henry, he wasn't spectacular by any means, but he played hard, played good D and was efficient. Only averaged 6ppg in 22mpg, but to your point about being effective from multiple spots on the court, he shot 52.3% from 2pt range and 38.5% from 3pt range. 

Again not expecting it or putting that pressure on him, but something like that would be a big boost to the program.   

All day long. I usually don't like to label or whatever we want to call it but sometimes it's the easiest way for those who haven't watched him play get a sense of a kid or similarity. Graham seemed to be the one I kept coming back as most similar. 

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Spectacular at nothing, but pretty good at everything, and can play tough D?  Put me down for half a dozen of those. 

Perfect summary of him. And even better he has a chip. There's a confidence about him....like a Will Sheehey. He knows when he gets the chance he will perform.

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Saunders (Cincy Commit) tweeted something to Anthony Leal about his Cincy offer. Franklin chimed with essentially saying stop it Mike. He knows where to go. 

For those that had their doubts about Leal, there you go. 

A senior Franklin and a junior Leal will be a good portion of that upperclass "backbone" we need to build. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Saunders (Cincy Commit) tweeted something to Anthony Leal about his Cincy offer. Franklin chimed with essentially saying stop it Mike. He knows where to go. 

TJD tweeted no thanks when Leal posted his cinny offer.  

18 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Pic of Armaan from the all-star game.  I'm really glad he's at IU.

aarman.jpeg

That kid looks like a MAN.  If I saw that picture and didn't know anything about Armaan, I'd guess him at a college junior or senior.  Really glad he's coming to IU.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'll be happy as hell if he can play 15ish minutes a game, play hard-nosed D and be around 5-7 ppg with maybe a 12-15 point gem somewhere.  Not an expectation, but i think that would be a huge year for him and give our backcourt a major boost.

2 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I'll be happy as hell if he can play 15ish minutes a game, play hard-nosed D and be around 5-7 ppg with maybe a 12-15 point gem somewhere.  Not an expectation, but i think that would be a huge year for him and give our backcourt a major boost.

Especially if you combine the guards/wings, right now there are a lot of question marks. You have Phinisee, Green, Durham, Hunter?, Anderson?, Franklin?

If you can remove the question mark from at least two of Hunter, Anderson and Franklin, especially if Hunter is legit, then that makes the backcourt/wing situation a lot more comfortable. 

35 minutes ago, Indykev said:

TJD tweeted no thanks when Leal posted his cinny offer.  

Both kids in this years class, who are praised for their attitudes and desire to win as much as their abilities, are saying "We can win with Anthony Leal".

Sold.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Especially if you combine the guards/wings, right now there are a lot of question marks. You have Phinisee, Green, Durham, Hunter?, Anderson?, Franklin?

If you can remove the question mark from at least two of Hunter, Anderson and Franklin, especially if Hunter is legit, then that makes the backcourt/wing situation a lot more comfortable. 

Ya, im kinda taking a "Moneyball" approach to this years team:  I dont think we will have 2 guys step up and replace what Romeo and Morgan did for us numbers wise, but if Hunter (who even if he is 100% still has a lot of rust to knock off), Anderson and Franklin can get us what Romeo did and Brunk/TJD can get us what Morgan did, then with marginal improvement from Green/Rob/Al/Davis/Smith I think we can be at worst what we were last year.  Im not happy with what we had last year, but we underachieved by quite a bit and i think next years team will be on the other side of that coin.

2 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Ya, im kinda taking a "Moneyball" approach to this years team:  I dont think we will have 2 guys step up and replace what Romeo and Morgan did for us numbers wise, but if Hunter (who even if he is 100% still has a lot of rust to knock off), Anderson and Franklin can get us what Romeo did and Brunk/TJD can get us what Morgan did, then with marginal improvement from Green/Rob/Al/Davis/Smith I think we can be at worst what we were last year.  Im not happy with what we had last year, but we underachieved by quite a bit and i think next years team will be on the other side of that coin.

And the other side here is health and chemistry. Really think that’s being understated. We were 12-2. We went through multiple injuries and missed games from key players, and had the collapse with internal chemistry issues. 

Now we have chemistry (by all accounts),health, what could be a real veteran locker - room leader and fire guy, and remember Green was really coming on at the end of the season. Plus Davis is coming in fit. There’s reason for cautious optimism 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

And the other side here is health and chemistry. Really think that’s being understated. We were 12-2. We went through multiple injuries and missed games from key players, and had the collapse with internal chemistry issues. 

Now we have chemistry (by all accounts),health, what could be a real veteran locker - room leader and fire guy, and remember Green was really coming on at the end of the season. Plus Davis is coming in fit. There’s reason for cautious optimism 

I was a broken record last December when it happened (IU Concussion policy) but when RP hit the game winner in Indy we were really starting to come together. Concussion vs Central Arkansas to me and the following month of him being out plus subsequent time to get back to normal to me was as much a problem as any last year. If we could just have one year of healthy it would be nice. I know losing Romeo/Morgan is huge. Won't deny that but to reiterate others....older team plus guys like TJD/Franklin should be able to offset production. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Color me confused on the chemistry issue being solved?

Are we saying that of the 5 players we lost the chemistry issues went with them, or are we saying the remaining players made up like Taylor Swift sending cookies to Katy Perry? If that's the case, I'm still worried about the 94 year old Nun!

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Color me confused on the chemistry issue being solved?

Are we saying that of the 5 players we lost the chemistry issues went with them, or are we saying the remaining players made up like Taylor Swift sending cookies to Katy Perry? If that's the case, I'm still worried about the 94 year old Nun!

I think the chemistry problems was way over blown and by listening to everyone since the season ended they got along well.

Archived