Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

Can’t complain about the effort. This just goes to show losing a tight game against a highly ranked rival at their place while they got near historic imbalance with foul calls shouldn’t be the game that eliminates a good team from the Dance. That’s the frustrating part… this is a good team and should have literally won 6 other games. There will be plenty of discussion about the merits of CMW’s first year as a coach. So, I’ll just save that for later. I feel like they truly gave all they had today. Is it telling that XJ played the best PG game we have seen in years, with a 12-2 A/to, but the 2 to’s were at crunch time? Something about this team folding at the end of games… I’m in end of season mode. Anyone have faith that we will go on a run and win the BTT? I don’t. I’m frustrated with this season as a whole, but not this game. Great effort. Let’s see how the next 8 months go. That’s becoming part of the ritual, unfortunately…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Unless the Hoosiers win the BTT!!

Well two weeks ago when we were 16-10 Lunardi said IU should be in with 3 more wins no matter when we get them.  We got two of them so maybe winning the first one will get us in.

Edited by IU Scott

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We made so many stupid mistakes and idiotic plays….. and if you don’t expect poor calls on the road, then you’ve been sleeping for the last ten years. Not to mention, PS had a wide open three and missed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cut his ass. God forbid he doesn’t shoot 100%

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We made so many stupid mistakes and idiotic plays….. and if you don’t expect poor calls on the road, then you’ve been sleeping for the last ten years. Not to mention, PS had a wide open three and missed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Listen, if you want to call a 12-3 foul differential in the second half, and a 19-6 differential overall before Purdue started intentionally fouling "poor calls" go ahead. When's the last time you saw any team make it to the last media timeout with 2 fouls? It's bush league is what it is. 

IU has been the designer of their own fate in plenty of games this year. This one ain't it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ranger78 said:

We play like we did today vs Rutgers and we’re in. This team isn’t far off. We could/should have beat the number 1 big10 team twice. At worse spit… just a frustrating year for sure. I would have had Rob in late, but whatever. 

If we won every game we would be unbeaten....:coffee:

• Like 2

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Sounds good to me. Dude is 2 for his last 11 when we needed him the most. Along with a stupid foul on a 3 that KILLED us. 

Im not going to get into it with you. I get it. It’s frustrating. Shooters go through slumps.  Even with that stat your threw out I’m sure he’s still around 40%. We begged for shooters last few years. We got two. Maybe we don’t know as much as we think. Also the foul was called. Questionable at best. But I get it. 

• Like 3