Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Something that hasn't been mentioned was that absolutely joke of a technical foul on Parker Stewart. 

First, that stuff happens all the time in games. Second, what Stewart did to Gillis was basically nothing and was the same thing Gillis did to him. 

Finally, Hummel says on the broadcast that it was a case of "getting the second guy". Well, then what was the replay for? Because in the replay you can clearly see both guys bumped each other. 

I also don’t understand how Edey didn’t get a tech on his “and 1” dunk. I mean if he doesn’t hang on the rim I’m not sure the ball stays down, it could have been basket interference and a tech on him. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I also don’t understand how Edey didn’t get a tech on his “and 1” dunk. I mean if he doesn’t hang on the rim I’m not sure the ball stays down, it could have been basket interference and a tech on him. 

Also, if we're talking about the same play, literally nobody even remotely fouled him. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Think we need to win the 8/9 game and knock off Wiscy to have a shot. Would hope that would do it given the many close losses (no bad losses) we’ve had. Who knows. 

2 wins and we're almost definitely in unless there are a lot of bid thieves. One win and we have a lot of rooting to do but a reasonable chance.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Something that hasn't been mentioned was that absolutely joke of a technical foul on Parker Stewart. 

First, that stuff happens all the time in games. Second, what Stewart did to Gillis was basically nothing and was the same thing Gillis did to him. 

Finally, Hummel says on the broadcast that it was a case of "getting the second guy". Well, then what was the replay for? Because in the replay you can clearly see both guys bumped each other. 

Someone needs to put together clips of calls and make it go viral.   

• Like 1

It's still just amazing to me that we lost a game by 2 points where we shot 4 less 3's then them, we only had 9 turnovers, we attempted 2 more shots then them...

Yet, they took 11 more free throws and we were called for 10 more fouls and that is with them fouling us on purpose 3 times on the last possession. 

I'm sorry guys, yes we still could have made plays to win, but officiating is the biggest reason we lost that game. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Durr didn't even touch him. Durr got 3 super quick fouls in the 2md half and only one (2 hands on the back on a post up) was close to a foul. 

Even on the two hand in the back post foul... if you're going to call that and some of the other times they got us for bumping cutters and hand checks, then how can anyone say X didn't get fouled at half court? They bumped him then swipped down on his arm after he had already gathered. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Even on the two hand in the back post foul... if you're going to call that and some of the other times they got us for bumping cutters and hand checks, then how can anyone say X didn't get fouled at half court? They bumped him then swipped down on his arm after he had already gathered. 

And one of the things Purdue is known for is physical defense that bumps cutters when they go through the lane. 

• Like 1