Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I hate to admit this, but I didn’t watch today. Played 27 holes of golf, followed some on Twitter. I’m surprised at the result, kinda. Wasn’t gonna let it ruin my Saturday!

I didn't watch either.  Weather was too nice to spend the afternoon inside.  I'm surprised at how hard fought the game sounded.  

• Like 1

Xavier said in his post game that Hunter grabbed his jersey, and that's why he let that last shot go...

Can't see it well in the replay, but there was some contact...

Hummel, with his smarmy "they're not ever going to call that at the end of the game" crap should ask Iowa about that against Rutgers...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Could you imagine 

XJ

improved Bates

Galloway healthy

improved Geronimo

TJD 

21/22 win team next year

To me Galloway is better suited coming off the bench.  To me if he is a starter your team is probably not going to be a great team.  I hope TJD and XJ comes back and I don't mind if RP and Kopp comes back..

Starters.

PG XJ.

2- Bates

3 - Kopp

4- ?

5- TJD.

Bench.

PG- RP.

2- JHS.

3- Galloway

4- Geronimo

5- Duncomb.

I think we need to go out and get a 6'9 stretch 4 who is long and athletic.

Just now, IU Scott said:

To me Galloway is better suited coming off the bench.  To me if he is a starter your team is probably not going to be a great team.  I hope TJD and XJ comes back and I don't mind if RP and Kopp comes back..

Starters.

PG XJ.

2- Bates

3 - Kopp

4- ?

5- TJD.

Bench.

PG- RP.

2- JHS.

3- Galloway

4- Geronimo

5- Duncomb.

What about Gunn?

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Xavier said in his post game that Hunter grabbed his jersey, and that's why he let that last shot go...

Can't see it well in the replay, but there was some contact...

Hummel, with his smarmy "they're not ever going to call that at the end of the game" crap should ask Iowa about that against Rutgers...

He definitely fouled him. He was trying to give it, you can even see Painter yelling at him not to do it as he does it.

I get that he didn’t tackle him but it’s a foul. 

• Like 3

Just now, IU Scott said:

Did Hunter think they were up 3

I think he did but don’t know that. They were up two and shooting two free throws, with their bigs you figure their strategy is to foul up three because they aren’t going to give up a rebound.

If he wasn’t trying to foul there is no way he plays defense the way he did regardless of what was or wasn’t called. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably won't be in the rotation right away. Also have Banks in there somewhere as well.  I don't know if Kopp will be back or not and it would probably be better if he came off the bench.

The way you guys that saw him in the sectional were talking, I kinda thought he might be that 3 level scorer we're looking for...

I normally don't count a whole lot on freshmen, but look what Branham is doing for Ohio State this year...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Starters.

PG XJ.

2- Bates

3 - Kopp

4- ?

5- TJD.

Bench.

PG- RP.

2- JHS.

3- Galloway

4- Geronimo

5- Duncomb.

I’m not prepared to go into next season with Bates starting.  He’s got a long way to go.  I hope he gets there.  Hopefully he takes a jump up like Oladipo or Ivey or Davis did.  He’s got a lot to work on though, on both ends.  

As for Galloway, with another off-season of good work, I can absolutely see him as a starter.  He brings a ton of positives.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The way you guys that saw him in the sectional were talking, I kinda thought he might be that 3 level scorer we're looking for...

I normally don't count a whole lot on freshmen, but look what Branham is doing for Ohio State this year...

Well tonight going against Cathedral who has 4 D1 players it is a little tougher. He still has 13, also he is pretty thin so he will have to get more strength.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My honest assessment/prediction (and I have not seen him play in person or have a great deal of knowledge on him) is that it all depends on his defense and physicality. He looks noticeably bigger this year than a season or two ago, although still could bulk up more. He definitely can be a capable 3 level scorer in college in my opinion. I have no idea how he is on defense, however. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

He grew up a lot

He has a way to go before I trust him to make the best decisions, as a point guard, 99% of the time, on a championship level team.  That's a lot of caveats that I added in one sentence but how close has he been to getting into fights this year?  How many games does he take himself out of the game emotionally or with really dumb fouls or plays?  I think he's going to greatly benefit from a straight up G(floor general) in JHS as a triple double, triple threat option running with him.  He can just attack when necessary and allow Jalen to run the team.  He brings the edge and fight which has been so sorely lacking since Yogi graduated.  But he has to keep his head and make way smarter decisions.  The baiting like Davison crap has to end.  Davison hasn't ever won hot shipoop.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Starters.

PG XJ.

2- Bates

3 - Kopp

4- ?

5- TJD.

Bench.

PG- RP.

2- JHS.

3- Galloway

4- Geronimo

5- Duncomb.

If Geronimo is no higher than 9th in our rotation next year, our staff has failed miserably in the player development department.  

• Like 1