Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just don't think had shown enough to be a starter. I can say that about the whole team except XJ and TJD if they come back.

He's not a guy that can create off the dribble (or off of anything, really), and I have a hard time seeing that change by next year, but I don't think it needs to for him to be an effective starter. If he can defend and rebound, he's already a likely starter. I'm assuming we won't have both Trace and Race back, so we are going to need guys that can do those two things. Add to that his energy on the offensive glass and if he can consistently knock down an open 3, which he has shown hints of, he is a very valuable role player. With any luck we will have more guys who can create their own shot next year (X, Hood-Shfino, Bates, Galloway (sort of), maybe even Banks) so Geronimo's shortcomings will be less needed and his strengths will be more valuable.   

IU is good enough to play good teams close, bad enough to lose most of those. They are good enough to beat most poor teams, bad enough to lose a few of those too. Add dumb enough to get five guys suspended for one game.

I'm willing to write it off as a learning season for CMW. I'm concerned with what may happen with player moves in the offseason. Hopefully they figure out you need size that can play and scorers that can get their own shot.

Still holding our first a miracle B1G tourney run.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

IU is good enough to play good teams close, bad enough to lose most of those. They are good enough to beat most poor teams, bad enough to lose a few of those too. Add dumb enough to get five guys suspended for one game.

I'm willing to write it off as a learning season for CMW. I'm concerned with what may happen with player moves in the offseason. Hopefully they figure out you need size that can play and scorers that can get their own shot.

Still holding our first a miracle B1G tourney run.

Agree. 100 percent.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 4:17 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

And that one should seal the deal on the NCAA tournament 

Ya think MSU fans will start bragging about how Izzo is now the winningest Big 10 coach of all time?

As much as some of our IU fans yap about RMK being such a great coach, maybe Izzo DOES deserve credit

On 3/5/2022 at 4:20 PM, kyhoosier29 said:

We made so many stupid mistakes and idiotic plays….. and if you don’t expect poor calls on the road, then you’ve been sleeping for the last ten years. Not to mention, PS had a wide open three and missed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

How long have you been watching sports? You make your own breaks. IU hasnt been making their own for a long time and I dont see it changing much. Seems to me that we have an antiquated coach using antiquated strategies with players who dont seem to be able to grasp the college game. So just how did we get to the 35 minute mark with NO TIMEOUTS?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Is Wisconsin more talented than Indiana? I'm not very familiar with their roster. 

Talent has very little to do with anything. Understanding score, time and situation are much more important in ANY sport... We dont seem to have anyone who comprehends these things

1 minute ago, BobT said:

How long have you been watching sports? You make your own breaks. IU hasnt been making their own for a long time and I dont see it changing much. Seems to me that we have an antiquated coach using antiquated strategies with players who dont seem to be able to grasp the college game. So just how did we get to the 35 minute mark with NO TIMEOUTS?

How is Woodson antiquated coming from the NBA.  He was one of the first coach to use the 3 pointers as the main offense.

28 minutes ago, BobT said:

Are you debating me? 🤷🏻‍♂️Sounds like you’re saying the same thing. 

1 hour ago, BobT said:

Ya think MSU fans will start bragging about how Izzo is now the winningest Big 10 coach of all time?

As much as some of our IU fans yap about RMK being such a great coach, maybe Izzo DOES deserve credit

Who doesn’t think Izzo deserves credit?

He is a great coach. Terrible person, but great at the profession of coaching a basketball team with the goal of winning games. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Who doesn’t think Izzo deserves credit?

He is a great coach. Terrible person, but great at the profession of coaching a basketball team with the goal of winning games. 

He got it but Knight's win total was cut short by Myles Brand.  He would have had another 50 wins easily (5 10 win seasons).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1