BTT: Michigan Pregame

18 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We are due to have a good run in the BTT one of these years, right?  I mean the law of  averages has to kick in sometime. 

Im 50/50 on us in this game, but if we pull it off, I like our chances on Friday.  

Got to the finals in 2001 and the semi finals in 2002.  I think we have only got to Saturday once since then

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I really don't like this matchup for us. Several teams that are better then Michigan that I would rather play. 

In the past 5 games, they haven’t scored less than 71 ppg. Hoosiers can’t score enough to beat either MI or IA. The two teams in the BTT we can’t hang with 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I really don't like this matchup for us. Several teams that are better then Michigan that I would rather play. 

Are we over stating this?  I wonder.  We were so ripe for a let down after finally getting the purdue monkey off our back.  That first half was brutal, like mud and quick sand mixed together.  Then it was like they were trying really hard to try.  Recipe for more disaster.  The maturity and sick of losing mentally has finally hit a tipping point.  I dont think the Purdue loss is going to sit well and be accepted.  It's payback time and the tour bus is leaving Bloomington.  I get pumped up saying that but we could easily lose the first game.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Are we over stating this?  I wonder.  We were so ripe for a let down after finally getting the purdue monkey off our back.  That first half was brutal, like mud and quick sand mixed together.  Then it was like they were trying really hard to try.  Recipe for more disaster.  The maturity and sick of losing mentally has finally hit a tipping point.  I dont think the Purdue loss is going to sit well and be accepted.  It's payback time and the tour bus is leaving Bloomington.  I get pumped up saying that but we could easily lose the first game.  

Could be. 

If we run our offense the way we did against Maryland, Minnesota and the 2nd half against Purdue Saturday (I missed most of the first half because ESPN sucks) we could score enough points. 

I also doubt Dickenson is going to hit 3-4 3's like he did in the first game. 

We need to get their bigs in the XJ/TJD PnR and we need to defend the 3pt line. 

• Like 1

In the first game Michigan played really well. IU not so much

not sure either Dickerson or Houston will be that hot again

kopp and steward will need to knock down some shoots. A win is totally possible. 

like BGleas said run the PNR and make Dickerson cover. Johnson is the quickest guy in both teams. Get Tracye the ball away from basket and let him face up and drive by Dickerson. Race is stronger than Diabte. Need Stewart and Kopp to knock down a few open looks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Could be. 

If we run our offense the way we did against Maryland, Minnesota and the 2nd half against Purdue Saturday (I missed most of the first half because ESPN sucks) we could score enough points. 

I also doubt Dickenson is going to hit 3-4 3's like he did in the first game. 

We need to get their bigs in the XJ/TJD PnR and we need to defend the 3pt line. 

Yeah.  We let this take way too many easy shots.  If we get in their guts and defend like we can, we can punch first and win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We are due to have a good run in the BTT one of these years, right?  I mean the law of  averages has to kick in sometime. 

Im 50/50 on us in this game, but if we pull it off, I like our chances on Friday.  

Same. I am honestly more nervous about this than I am Wisconsin. I know we can beat them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

I'm selling my 2 Seats in IU Club Section 105, Row 6 (center-court) for both Thursday sessions (2 & 3). $100 each/$200 per session. Both sessions for $350.

Mobile transfer to email address or cell phone with payment via Venmo or PayPal. Respond to eddy4iu@gmail.com

Same seats also available for Friday, Saturday and Sunday sessions.

Prices sure has changed. In 89 for the NCAA tournament for all 3 sessions I paid $48.00