BTT: Michigan Pregame

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Think we gotta win 2. Kids gonna have quiet assignments Thursday around 11:30. 

I will have to listen to the game while driving around Indy doing my job.  Since I have already taken the Thursday and Friday of the first two days of the tournament, I can't take this week off.

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Same. I am honestly more nervous about this than I am Wisconsin. I know we can beat them. 

Because of Wisconsin's meltdown yesterday, if we win on Thursday, we now play Illinois. Would have much preferred to play the Badgers. Especially if Davis isn't going to be able to go. 

• Like 1

I don’t think anyone in the big ten is all that great. We just saw Wisconsin lose to Nebraska, we’re watching Ohio State fall apart, and we’re talking about being scared of an Illinois team that really isn’t that great of a team. Indiana isn’t that good either, but they can absolutely make a run in the tournament, regardless of past failures in the conference tournament. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t think anyone in the big ten is all that great. We just saw Wisconsin lose to Nebraska, we’re watching Ohio State fall apart, and we’re talking about being scared of an Illinois team that really isn’t that great of a team. Indiana isn’t that good either, but they can absolutely make a run in the tournament, regardless of past failures in the conference tournament. 

I think for the most part you are correct, but this UM team is a horrible match-up for us. They are the one team I didnt want to play. Their bigs can step out and shoot which pulls our rim protectors out and puts them in no mans land having to help on a driving guard or take away the open 3. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I think for the most part you are correct, but this UM team is a horrible match-up for us. They are the one team I didnt want to play. Their bigs can step out and shoot which pulls our rim protectors out and puts them in no mans land having to help on a driving guard or take away the open 3. 

I totally agree. Michigan is a bad matchup for us. I’m just at a point where I’m thinking “why not us?”

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BGleas said:

I really don't like this matchup for us. Several teams that are better then Michigan that I would rather play. 

Yeah, personally I think this was about the worst draw we could have.  I don't like Illinois in that second game either.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, personally I think this was about the worst draw we could have.  I don't like Illinois in that second game either.

Agree. The only differences though are if I remember correctly we ran a lot of offense through the post last game against Michigan and it turned into TJD getting into a sort of personal battle with Dickenson, which he lost big time. 

Dickenson also hit something like 3-4 3's which is a huge anomaly for him. 

So maybe our Big Ten leading defense shows up and we don't get an outlier performance like Dickenson hitting 3's, and then offensively we run a more PnR game with XJ and TJD which we've been doing much more of lately instead of having TJD ram his head into a brick wall all game. 

Trying to find some ways we could pull this off. 

• Like 2

Feel really bad about this upcoming game. The ass kicking we got at home was quite demoralizing. I felt it wasn't just because our team wasn't ready or hustling enough; our players looked like they had no idea how to defend UM's ball movement and shot creations. Maybe style-wise, just a real bad matchup. Or UM played a near perfect game in SSAH. We'll see. 

Really wished we'd make it to the NCAAT in CMW's first year, but we'll most likely settle at NIT. Worse thing is I can't think we'd have a better season next year with possible roster turnovers. Really hard to get a good momentum for the program.